Poetry Contest 4!

Discussion in 'The Writer's Corner' started by Monsterous, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DM Cross

DM Cross You want to see a magic trick? Staff Member

Ratings:
    +570 / 1 / -0
    Halo does not have to do anything. Winners never have to host, they're just given the ability. If not, it falls on either me or Conan and probably me because these contests seem to be more my thing than his.

I think for PC6, we might be giving out an actual award... We're still debating it, though.

2. Halahan

Halahan To die will be an awfully big adventure.

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I say we do it regular and a mod or Admin always a judge, or at least a veteran of the WC and the winner gets rep and gets to wear a certain avatar until the next winner. Sure, we can't stop other people from using it but if anyone does that they have such a lack of an actual life that it really doesn't matter.

3. Miz

Miz Administrator

Ratings:
    +430 / 0 / -0
    Does WC have something to do with Poetry?
    Maybe something ... but I don't know it :p

Anyway I agree on the Mod/Admin thing

Well true that would be nice but isn't this for the warm fuzzy feeling on the inside after you win... XD

4. Halahan

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    wha? 'Does the Writer's corner have something to do with poetry?' yes... whats your point? A veteran of the WC makes sense...

5. DM Cross

Ratings:
    +570 / 1 / -0
    Ken probably thought you meant Warcraft XD

6. Miz

Miz Administrator

Ratings:
    +430 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean WC as in
    Warcraft or Writer's Corner becuase I thought you ment WC

Get a Verteran of WC to help us
    Warcraft mappers in a poetry contest

Now I understand you :p

7. DM Cross

Ratings:
    +570 / 1 / -0
    Writing Zone? What's a Writing Zone?

This is the Writer's Corner, buddy :)

8. Miz

Miz Administrator

Ratings:
    +430 / 0 / -0
    Typos XD

I would be the Lord of Typos but many peope are even worse then me so... Edited that
    anyway when will PC5 start...

9. DM Cross

Ratings:
    +570 / 1 / -0
    I haven't seen HK on at all, even on MSN. So I don't know at this point.

10. Miz

Miz Administrator

Ratings:
    +430 / 0 / -0
    Well I'll be home by the end of today I'll check then :p

Anyway I don't think he knows he won XD
    He hasn't been on in awhile

11. Halo_king116

Halo_king116 Working As Intended

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -0
    I won? o_O

Well, everyone should thank Seth for contacting me - I haven't been to TheHelper in weeks. Anyways, I don't have a lot of time right now but tomorrow I will decide whether I'll host 5 or not.

My sincerest apologies, but today is busy. :eek:

Have a good one!

12. Halahan

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Halo just go ahead and make the contest and if you don't have a lot of time then someone else can judge, but you can make it, thats not to hard. and we need to make deadlines shorter... we wait like two weeks without anyone entering at the end...

13. DM Cross

Ratings:
    +570 / 1 / -0
    Halo would need to designate a theme and deadline while i re-work all of the rules. This one might take a bit of time, but don't worry... We're doing a few things differently and I think we'll all enjoy them.

14. Halahan

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Cmon Seth, I'm part of the group. PM me bout the changes

15. DM Cross

Ratings:
    +570 / 1 / -0
    Uh. No? You're not part of any "group"... You'll all see the changes when I'm done. Everyone will be waiting until then.

What "group"? There is no group.

16. XXXconanXXX

XXXconanXXX Cocktails anyone?

Ratings:
    +277 / 0 / -0
    Did I tell you guys already that I don't mind judging contests? Just PM me whenever one's going on, I'll get it. I'm on every day, I just don't post a lot anymore.

17. DM Cross

Ratings:
    +570 / 1 / -0
    That's good news because last time, we had one judge and I wasn't really happy with how it ended... Thus, I think we will definitely want at least 3 judges. If HK hosts and judges, then you and I can co-assitant-judge it and we've got a full roster for PC5.

I still wanna do some kind of award along with some more ... Publication for it. You'll see when we start thinking about the next one.

18. Halahan

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    "Uh. No? You're not part of any "group"... You'll all see the changes when I'm done. Everyone will be waiting until then.

What "group"? There is no group."
    I was just coming up with any random crap to get you to tell me early. Parently' didn't work

"Did I tell you guys already that I don't mind judging contests? Just PM me whenever one's going on, I'll get it. I'm on every day, I just don't post a lot anymore."

yeah, as I said we should always have a mod, admin or if need be someone a mod or admin trusted or such.
    oh and Conan, check out Remembrance.

"That's good news because last time, we had one judge and I wasn't really happy with how it ended... Thus, I think we will definitely want at least 3 judges. If HK hosts and judges, then you and I can co-assitant-judge it and we've got a full roster for PC5."

agreed

"I still wanna do some kind of award along with some more ... Publication for it. You'll see when we start thinking about the next one."

possibly, well... (a thought I had) maybe an announcement is a bit much. the award, rep as always and as I've said before I have an avatar that would work, and then you could tell about it in your custom title, if you don't have one then people will still understand it.. or if anyone has a better one, we could see if that one works too.

19. DM Cross

Ratings:
    +570 / 1 / -0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.