Poetry Contest 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ugh, Seth.
Resized quill looks somewhat awfull ;)
Tell me the dimensions and I'll resize it in better quality.
Althrough I thought it can be larger when shown in the award page?

Tharius

Occasionally Around
Reaction score
Shouldn't it be "Awards obtained through the Writer's Corner"?

Picky perhaps, but considering it's a writing award, I think correct grammar would be nice. :p

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well I am done judging with the entries that are in...
but I will not finish and give seth my judgment till at least tomorrow

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
I still have a few more hours so people know :p

The first post the end of Sudnay, to me that is at 12AM, which is in....almost 4 hours from my time zone :D

lol wish me luck,

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
Good Luck

So just to clarify we are doing 1st 2nd and 3rd? I'm a tad too lazy to read earlier posts, but I don't think that was posted in finality.

Edit: So took time to read a few posts, scratch that last statement. What exactly are second and third prizes then Seth?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Edit: So took time to read a few posts, scratch that last statement. What exactly are second and third prizes then Seth?

Silver and bronze o_O What else?

You'll see in a few days. Let's put it that way.

AMF - Don't worry about it. I like them. They'll stay.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
yes, but I'm talking like awards. But thats fine, I was just wondering and finding something to add to the post since my original question was meaningless.

"AMF - Don't worry about it. I like them. They'll stay."

¿

Tharius

Occasionally Around
Reaction score
AMF = Amfidamant

He wasn't talking to you, Halahan... Amfidamant was worrying about the award icons looking odd when scaled down.

DM Cross

Reaction score
yes, but I'm talking like awards. But thats fine, I was just wondering and finding something to add to the post since my original question was meaningless.

This is where you listen to me and wait and see o_O

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
So did demon turn in his results because if he didn't make the deadline I can turn in my results now

DM Cross

Reaction score
Is it not officially the 26th? I said the deadline was midnight, GMT -5:00... Doesn't matter if it's midnight for YOU or HIM, it was midnight for me. Thus, the contest ended then. Keeps from people trying to find a loophole in "Oh, but I still have 1 hour left in Guam!"

This contest has been closed for almost 17 and a half hours :)

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't forgot Seth I also use the Eastern Time Zone (-5 GMT)...
Well I will send you my results then
ASAP!

DM Cross

Reaction score
Don't forgot Seth I also use the Eastern Time Zone (-5 GMT)...

You don't get it. It doesn't matter if you use it or not. That's when the contest ended for everyone, worldwide. If it's was 11 PM for someone, this contest still ended at that time.

Technomancer

Reaction score
Game on britches. I'll be sending these brand new iPods that I got from taking surveys to the judges. lol just kidding, good luck to everyone!

Also someone remind me to correct my grammar lol before I submit stuff.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Game on britches. I'll be sending these brand new iPods that I got from taking surveys to the judges. lol just kidding, good luck to everyone!

giving me an Ipod won't win me over... I'm a CD Old fashion type of teenage XD
Anyway Good luck I sent in my results now Halo and Seth will have to put there results in

DM Cross

Reaction score
My votes are done. I'm going to wait for midnight [GMT -5:00, no exceptions] tomorrow [3 days after the contest ends] for Halo and his results. I'll try to catch him on MSN and maybe e-mail him tonight if I can't catch him. If midnight rolls around for tomorrow and Halo has not submitted his results, his spot as judge will be forfeit and we'll go with the results we have now [mine and Miz's]

Good luck guys. We had some really good ones, I was very impressed with a lot of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.