Poetry Contest 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
>We had some really good ones, I was very impressed with a lot of you.

Ya I know, and now I feel really bad about not getting a poem in =[

Oh well, there is always number 6 right? :p

Technomancer

Reaction score
A Note from Seth said:
Dear Technomancer,

I have to say I am extremely aggravated and disappointed in you. I don't really know you, but from your posts in this contest, I did not expect you to do something as stupid as spam for no reason. I could have deleted it, but I'm choosing to send a message with the problems I find from now on.

This is your one and only warning. Next offense is some -rep [-10 to be exact] and from there it's either more -rep [for smaller offenses] or a short ban. If things resort to a short ban, ANY offense afterwards will result in a permanent ban.

Why am I being so harsh? Because this is not a spam thread. Respect this thread, respect the rules or do not participate in the future.

Thank you for reading and your future co-operation. Have a good night.​

Sincerely yours [until you piss me off]
Seth Edgar Cross​

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Dang namnit.

So you all know, my internet has not been working for my computer (yes, only my computer o_O) for the last two weeks or so. Thus, that is my explanation for my absense since November the 13.

I don't suppose it's too late to submit my results? I know I have until 12:00, which is an hour and 20 minutes, but I am not sure if I can get them marked in the time period without rushing (Same time zone).

I will try my best. If I can mark all the 10 poems properly within the given time period, then I will do so. If I cannot, it's better to not submit my judgings at all. Rushing would only make my judgements incorrect.

Well, I better get started. Cya.

Edit: I severly doubt I can do this in the time period. I will come back at 12 with whether or not I am finished.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Since I know they're coming, I can wait. It's no big deal if it's an hour or two late. But please get it done now, Halo.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Fair enough.

Although I had hoped to get a solid 7 hours of sleep, 5 will have to do. Thus far I am done 5 poems, then I will review them quickly and PM you my results for you to post. That is the procedure, correct?

Nevertheless, I am enjoying many of these poems and am looking forward to entering the next poetry contest, assuming there is one.

Have a good one.

DM Cross

Reaction score
There'll be a next one, once we have a winner :rolleyes:

I don't know why it's taking you so long. I did mine fairly quickly... If it helps, I used an Excel worksheet to do it and it was all very easy from there :) It does all the addition for you, even! :eek: :rolleyes:

EDIT

Results are in;

First place!
Tharius - 91

Second place!
Hortononon - 89.333

Third place!
Amfidamant - 88

Runner-ups!
Ninva - 85.666 TIED!
Rheias - 85.666 TIED!
Monsterous - 85
Halahan - 79
Mer_De_Noms - 77 TIED!
Uareanoob - 77 TIED!
Technomancer - 73

Congratz to all. Tharius will be PMed soon with the details about starting PC6 and then that'll be the same ol' ordeal, all over again ^.^

Enjoy the results. Everyone is free to post their poems anywhere else on the site... Rep the winners, the losers... Your grandmother's cat. Whatever.

EDIT

The awards have been handed out :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Nope :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Well. Try harder next time :)

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
You kidding me? 2.445 points difference between an award and not an award?
Go to heck Seth. :p

Just kidding, good job everyone! I was very impressed with the pomes submitted, I hope the next contest will be as tough as this one was.

Seth, for my common knowledge, any way you could post expanded results (how much one got for flow, grammar etc.)?

Tharius

Occasionally Around
Reaction score
So I thought Halo_king116 wasn't going to be done until later, but I decided to check my PMs anyways, and got this:

"You are receiving Poetry Contest Gold Award award. The reason that goes with your award is: First place in Poetry Contest 5!
Best regards, The The Helper Forums staff"

I guess this means I have to think of a topic for 6 now? Hmm....

P.S. When I first entered, I thought my poem was going to be blown to pieces because of its length. :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
You kidding me? 2.445 points difference between an award and not an award?
Go to heck Seth. :p

Just kidding, good job everyone! I was very impressed with the pomes submitted, I hope the next contest will be as tough as this one was.

Seth, for my common knowledge, any way you could post expanded results (how much one got for flow, grammar etc.)?

MTR

Technomancer

Reaction score
I didn't get a pm

OMG last place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!

Submitting an official request to be PM'd reviews of the poem!

Sorry for not putting a ? in line four or five or whatever!

DM Cross

Reaction score
I didn't get a pm

OMG last place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!

Submitting an official request to be PM'd reviews of the poem!

Sorry for not putting a ? in line four or five or whatever!

This is the exact reason why we aren't releasing the detailed reports. You didn't get a PM because you're not going to. You're request is denied.

I'm not going to have people nit-pick and try to justify each and every point taken off their poems. You got what you got. Three very different people looked at your poem and gave you three very different scores. You got the average of that score.

This is the most fair way we can do these contests, so you'll have to live with the score you got. If you didn't do well, do better next time.

As for being last place... There's always going to be a last place. Don't feel bad. Just try again next time. No biggie.

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
In all honesty, the marks are based off of opinion in my point.

The judges marks on how the felt the poems were.

That is that.

Once again, good job to everyone, you all did wonderful.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Cool, so I got the first runner up, aye? Could you send me a report. I'm not going to be a pig about it, I'd just like to improve. I suck at poetry. D:

DM Cross

Reaction score
It's nothing personal. I just really don't want people to nit-pick. Some of you [obviously] got really low scores in certain aspects. I know when I get graded, sometimes I believe I got a rough grade and want to contest it and, to be honest...

That's not going to happen here. The results are final. There will be no re-do's or reconsideration. What you got is what you're going to keep, whether you agree with it or not.

Like I said; We have 3 different judges. Each one of us got very different results for EACH poem. I averaged all three results and got the final results. Thus, it's about as fair as we can make it.

This is actually the best PC we've had. We got a lot of contestants, we got great poems, we didn't have many problems with the judging, we actually had all three judges AND! We got awards!

Awesome. Don't ruin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.