Poetry Contest 4 [Halo_king116]​

Alas... The time has come.

Welcome to the Poetry Contest 5!

Judges
Head Judge - Seth Cross
2nd Judge - Halo_King116
3rd Judge - Mizuio Ken

Topic

Remembrance. This is in honour of Remembrance Day that is coming up, though is in no way limited to Remembrance Day. Perhaps your poem is about remembering a previous lover? Good times, friends lost? There is no limit to how you write the poem, just make sure it relates to the topic.

Rules
  • You may submit any type of poem, so long as it relates to the topic stated above.
  • There is no maximum limit on how long the poem is. However, it must be at least 4 lines long.
  • The poem must be written by YOU. You cannot take another person's work or have anyone write it for you. Anyone caught violating this rule will be permanently banned from these contests.
  • Winners can not enter the next contest. They must either host and not judge, or host and judge. If they choose not to host, they cannot judge, either. This is to prevent people from winning over and over again.
  • Do not edit your poem after you've entered it. You have until the deadline to work on it, so if you feel you might not be completely satisfied with it, take your time. Once it's entered, if you edit your poem, you can and will be disqualified. We cannot take the risk of someone getting "inspired" by someone else's poem and basically copying them.

Judging
  1. Emotion/Visuals [40 points] - Does your poem paint a picture, if you're telling a story? Does your poem make us feel what it is intended to express?
  2. Grammar/Spelling [15 points] - Grammar and spelling should be taken care of without having to be told, so we're marking it in small doses. But we will taking off for it and it might make the difference in the end.
  3. Flow [25 Points] - Is your poem worded choppy or do the lines flow together? NOTE! Flow and rhyme are two completely different things. The poems do not have to rhyme
  4. Word Quality [20 points] - Does your poem have the vocabulary of a 2 year old, or do you use something a bit more complex? Or have you tried to show off and left us all wondering what the Hell you just said?

Naturally, if you add up all the possible top scores in each category, you will get 100. Your score will, obviously, be X/100 for each judge. The three scores will be added and then divided by three, to get the average of the three scores. Highest score wins!

Deadline

This contest has ended. Scroll down this post to see the winners.

The Rewards

As always, winners will most likely receive a bundle of reputation from other contestants and people watching the contest. They will also be named the host for the NEXT contest and get to name the contest's theme.

Also, something new this time is that we're going to be using the new award system to hand out at least ONE award. Depending on how many contestants we get, we may have 2nd and 3rd places, but we need more than 10 contestants for that to be possible.

The Contestants
1rst - Tharius
2nd - Hortononon
3rd - Amfidamant

Runner-Ups
Ninva
Rheias
Monsterous
Halahan
Mer_De_Noms
Uareanoob
Technomancer

Have a nice day. :)

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
I guess I'll join, although it's been a while since I wrote (I seem to be writing less recently).

I have a question, is this an official contest? i.e. do we get a "medal" for winning or something like that? I don't really care, just wondering.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
I shall once again join.

I god third in #4 so maybe I can get 2nd in 5 ^_^

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Poem:
Code:
[CENTER][B]That Day[/B]

When you broke my heart,
When you ruptured my love,
I never knew we would depart,
I never knew you would shove.

Only if I knew,
I thought we were inseparable,
We were like your hair and shampoo,
But now we are irreparable.[/CENTER]

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
Gone

Trees sent home, left the world--
meant to hold it steady…
dry dirt mix with the ashes of pride--
to fall and salt the earth.

While the river runs,
It’s been so many suns,
and now It's gone, gone, gone.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
My apologies, I just came in the last contest. Yes, I will judge then. I guess you should put it in the rules just so those out of the know can know, which in this case was me. Or, atleast a note of some kind.

Sorry about this. :eek:

Reaction score
Silence

Through the tears of night
Silent sorrow comes alive
When the noose lays tight
Underneath a branch of pine.

Stony stare beneath the shamrock -
All that's left from his obiedence,
Streaming eyes will glare -
Carving on a stone declares...

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Anyway if conan can't judge I guess I will because I already wrote enough remembrance poems and can't think of much

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
"All writers want to start out with poetry, but when you get pass the idea that you're no good at it you want to write short stories. Then once you learn the complexity of the short stories' structure you write novels, and this is where I am today."

DM Cross

Reaction score
Update; Spam cleaned up. All solid "yes"s have been added to the roster. Don't forget to actually get the poems in before deadline. Last time, we had two people without anything at the time of judging...

Anyway if conan can't judge I guess I will because I already wrote enough remembrance poems and can't think of much

"All writers want to start out with poetry, but when you get pass the idea that you're no good at it you want to write short stories. Then once you learn the complexity of the short stories' structure you write novels, and this is where I am today."

Are you guys in or not?

DM Cross

Reaction score
Going to judge then? We still need a third.

DM Cross

Reaction score
We only need another 3 contestants until we can do 1rst, 2nd and 3rd place awards. I'm still waiting for Ninva to give me his yes or no, so we may or may not be waiting on only 2 more contestants :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.