Poetry Contest 6

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Staff member
I never heard from Demonwrath, Tharius PMed me beforehand and never afterward and I didn't have time to read the mere 7 entries that weren't even enough to warrant a 1rst place award [staff decided on 10 being the minimum]

It was kind of a dead topic. I'm considering starting a PC7. But I'm only considering it right now. I'm also waiting to see if Conan is actually back. He's a Writer's mod and could be used for judging if he's really gonna stick around.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
hm. I think your kind of over thinking this. This isn't a presidential election its an online, very small poetry competition, no prize money or anything remotely like that. its for fun, and even if we didn't get the ten minimum there should still be a first place. now if it were like 4 or under entries thats understandable but I think 7 is fine for a first place.
Just a thought...

hortononon

"I give em the hip then I take it away"-Jim Thorpe
yea exactly, ten minimum is supposed to be for 2nd and 3rd prizes, 1st is given out no matter what,
the numbers in this are no less than previous contests like 4,3,2,1...

have a nice afternoon.:)

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
It would still be nice if we could vote. If we can't, then I would like to explain mine :p Since the meaning I gave it is probably different than the reader's.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
hort I think Seth was talking about not giving the first place award, the gold feather?

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
hm. I think your kind of over thinking this. This isn't a presidential election its an online, very small poetry competition, no prize money or anything remotely like that. its for fun, and even if we didn't get the ten minimum there should still be a first place. now if it were like 4 or under entries thats understandable but I think 7 is fine for a first place.
Just a thought...
Voting can be tricky. Puts extra work on the mods involved.

But it is worth a shot. We'll see how the next one turns out and play it by ear until then.

DM Cross

Staff member
I know how we did awards in the first one, but that was only the second award-abled contest, ever on TH.net.

The staff discussed it. 10 entries = 1 award. I believe we said 15 would warrant 3 place awards.

Don't think that was the only reason, however... There was more to it, like how neither of the other judges showed interest in helping me with it. I wasn't going to be a lone judge because then I have to deal with people claiming I wasn't fair, and I'm just not going to put myself in a position to deal with that crap.

Sorry, guys. That's the way it played out.

If Conan wants to look over the 7 entries we got in the locked thread and judge them, I'll review them and judge them, too. Then we can have a winner.

hortononon

"I give em the hip then I take it away"-Jim Thorpe
What, you're Seth now? :rolleyes:
ha, he is a good role model:p

If Conan wants to look over the 7 entries we got in the locked thread and judge them, I'll review them and judge them, too. Then we can have a winner.
yea thats fine, at first i thought seth wasnt picking a winner at all,
on with the show!

DM Cross

Staff member
You gotta do it, according to the judging rules. That was I can average your results with mine.

DM Cross

Staff member
Results. Via PM. We don't publicate results at all. Ever.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Test!
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I must be in a test server.
    Nice, Twitter tweets embedding now works
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Yup.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Excellent.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    @tom_mai78101 Hello there.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Tagging works in the chat too.
    @Ghan Missed it.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Still fixing things here and there. Added widgets to the portal, will make it match the ones here on the forum index tomorrow.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    The venerable World Editor Tutorials site has been converted to HTTPS at last.
  • jonas jonas:
    cool
  • jonas jonas:
    and I can even edit my messages, nice
  • seph ir oth seph ir oth:
    GENERAL CHIT CHAT, YOU ARE A BOLD ONE
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hello there
  • The Helper The Helper:
    this new chatbox is great and the forum software update is great too
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    upgrade has fixed forum registration spam problem
    Something tells me we might be able to customize the chatbox a bit, considering that there's a gap under every message.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Going to deploy a fix soon, just had to take some time for myself this weekend.
  • Varine Varine:
    Unbelievable. Time for yourself? How dare you!
  • Wizard Wizard:
    xD
    Hm, it is now harder to type anything on an Android phone. Pressing Backspace or Enter keys will dismiss the Android keyboard for some reasons.
    Just noticed there's a delay of at least 2 minutes before each post. Guess I can't post Headline News quickly as I used to.
    As far as I can tell, there are definitely things I need to get accustomed to first.
  • Varine Varine:
    FCC is cracking down recently

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop