Poetry Contest 6

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
So you're just going to lock it without announcing anything? :rolleyes:

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I never heard from Demonwrath, Tharius PMed me beforehand and never afterward and I didn't have time to read the mere 7 entries that weren't even enough to warrant a 1rst place award [staff decided on 10 being the minimum]

It was kind of a dead topic. I'm considering starting a PC7. But I'm only considering it right now. I'm also waiting to see if Conan is actually back. He's a Writer's mod and could be used for judging if he's really gonna stick around.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
hm. I think your kind of over thinking this. This isn't a presidential election its an online, very small poetry competition, no prize money or anything remotely like that. its for fun, and even if we didn't get the ten minimum there should still be a first place. now if it were like 4 or under entries thats understandable but I think 7 is fine for a first place.
Just a thought...

hortononon

"I give em the hip then I take it away"-Jim Thorpe
Reaction score
yea exactly, ten minimum is supposed to be for 2nd and 3rd prizes, 1st is given out no matter what,
the numbers in this are no less than previous contests like 4,3,2,1...

have a nice afternoon.:)

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
It would still be nice if we could vote. If we can't, then I would like to explain mine :p Since the meaning I gave it is probably different than the reader's.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
hort I think Seth was talking about not giving the first place award, the gold feather?

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
hm. I think your kind of over thinking this. This isn't a presidential election its an online, very small poetry competition, no prize money or anything remotely like that. its for fun, and even if we didn't get the ten minimum there should still be a first place. now if it were like 4 or under entries thats understandable but I think 7 is fine for a first place.
Just a thought...

Voting can be tricky. Puts extra work on the mods involved.

But it is worth a shot. We'll see how the next one turns out and play it by ear until then.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I know how we did awards in the first one, but that was only the second award-abled contest, ever on TH.net.

The staff discussed it. 10 entries = 1 award. I believe we said 15 would warrant 3 place awards.

Don't think that was the only reason, however... There was more to it, like how neither of the other judges showed interest in helping me with it. I wasn't going to be a lone judge because then I have to deal with people claiming I wasn't fair, and I'm just not going to put myself in a position to deal with that crap.

Sorry, guys. That's the way it played out.

If Conan wants to look over the 7 entries we got in the locked thread and judge them, I'll review them and judge them, too. Then we can have a winner.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
yea exactly, ten minimum is supposed to be for 2nd and 3rd prizes, 1st is given out no matter what,
the numbers in this are no less than previous contests like 4,3,2,1...

have a nice afternoon.:)

What, you're Seth now? :rolleyes:

That's a good decision.

I agree, I just wanted to know what was going on. It's up to you two on what you want to do.

hortononon

"I give em the hip then I take it away"-Jim Thorpe
Reaction score
What, you're Seth now? :rolleyes:

ha, he is a good role model:p

If Conan wants to look over the 7 entries we got in the locked thread and judge them, I'll review them and judge them, too. Then we can have a winner.

yea thats fine, at first i thought seth wasnt picking a winner at all,
on with the show!

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Well, Seth, I've reviewed them and Hortonon won that hands down. The only one that comes close is Monsterous, but it's still a pretty big gap.

DM Cross

Reaction score
You gotta do it, according to the judging rules. That was I can average your results with mine.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
You gotta do it, according to the judging rules. That was I can average your results with mine.

Do you want my results with a list from first to last? Or just who I think deserves first place? If the previous, let me know, and I'll put all my results here.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Results. Via PM. We don't publicate results at all. Ever.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.