points for kills

J

jialiang

if you are creating an RPG-like map, what is a good way to make it so when you kill enemies you get points to exchange for minerals or more troops. Also, when you kill different enemies you get different amounts of points.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
you can either replace lumber/gold/food for points or you get make a variable based triggers to add/remove points. Its up to you :D

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
2 main methods. The first is to make hyper triggers and set up a system so that if you have at least 1 kill score, it eliminates kill score and gives you 1 mineral/w.e value. The issue with this is that splash damage killing several units at once ends up in only counting as 1 kill.

The other method is to make it so that you get minerals per a certain amount of kill score. Problem with that is that all units in sc have a set kill score, and some are very different then others. broodlings give 25 whereas hydralisks give 350, and battlecruisers 2400...

P

Piimaenkeli

I have also same problem as this topics creator. I tried uberfoops upper method, but i didn't get it work...

My trigger ( 2 parts):
part 1:
Conditions :
Player 4 kills at least 1 any unit
Actions:
Preserve trigger
Modify score for player 4: add 1 custom

Part 2:
Conditions:
Player 4 custom score is at least 1
Actions:
Preserve trigger
Modify resources for player 4: add 1 ore
Modify score for player 4: subtract 1 custom

If someone knows what is wrong with my trigger plz post here.

ps. i have really old editor version

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Whao dude whats with the whole usage of custom score and whatnot? What you do is:

conditions:
player's kill score is at least 1
actions:
preserve trigger
set kill score for player to 0
set resources: add 1 ore for player

never even try to use the 'kills' condition as it will always be 1 or higher after a player gets there first kill, and you cant set it. always use the 'score' condition, and score type 'kills' for these things.

J

jialiang

I'm trying to do this other thing where there's an invincible barrier of psi-emitters.
And you're meant to use a builder to collect a vespene tank and then when you bring it up to the location where the barrier and kill the builder and the vespene tank it's meant to destroy the barrier of psi emitters and hurt all your nearby troops. Except nothing happens when you do it.
The current trigger is:

Conditions
current player brings one vespene tank to location 40
current player kills 1 vespene tank
Actions
Kill all psi emitter at location 40
Set all hit points for current player to 1%
Create 1 dark swarm at location 40

Do you know why it doesn't work?

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
It is quite possible one or both of your conditions arent registering. As much I I wish I could say I've master staredit, I haven't memorized ALL the subjects relating to which functions register for what.

Oh, and btw, I dont think dark swarms can be created via trigger.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.