Poison: Lost at step 1

diggoran

Reaction score
I need to make a poison ability that effects a target repeatedly until the effect wears off. The target already gets the Poison Sting buff, but it's hardly strong enough. :p

A while ago (the thread has died since then) I was told to "Periodically pick every unit with the poison buff and make them take X damage." in order to make a ROC compatible, trigger-based poison effect.

That sounded like a good idea, but can anyone show me an example of a trigger recognizing if a unit has a buff and then take action? The challenge is: no custom abilities/buffs. That shouldn't be toooo hard. :rolleyes:

BTW: This tower upgrades from a 10 second poison, to 20 sec, to 30. It needs to be changeable in how long to effect the unit.

+Rep to whoever's works best on ROC

Edit: Original Thread

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
Well i'd be glad to help you, but sadly I dont know the limitations to RoC's triggering other then the expansion units being used.

B

benj_war3

How about this trigger? It functions when the unit is attacked and the attacked unit launches an attack that deals damage to the attacking unit..

TRIGGER ONE:
Code:
Events
    Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
Conditions
    (Researching unit) Equal to Guard Tower 0000 <gen>
Actions
    Trigger - Turn on AttackUpgrade <gen>

I also created a Trigger and turned it to initially off. For the attacked unit damage trigger.
Code:
Events
    Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions
    (Attacked unit) Equal to Guard Tower 0000 <gen>
Actions
    Unit - Cause (Attacked unit) to damage circular area after 5.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Position of (Attacking unit)), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

diggoran

Reaction score
That is a splash effect. I think the best thing to do, because unitgrouping doesn't work too well, is to recognize a buff like poison sting and do x damage repeatedly. Need help with trigger work but I think that that is possible. Send all thoughts; I'll tell you if part isn't ROC compatible.

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Code:
Trigger
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has Your Buff) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
Something like that?

diggoran

Reaction score
thanks and i see what you're saying but the "Loop...and do (Actions)" is one of those amazing bits that isn't in ROC.
+ Partial Rep :)

Edit: How do you get to "(((Matching unit) has Your Buff) Equal to True)"?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.