Crime Police called after man butchers cow in his driveway

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I can tell that you don't like Police that much ^_^
What you did was right though, say no to injustice!

I like some cops... but primarily my issue is with the concept of them, and the fact that many severely abuse the power given to them (probably why many became police in the first place); they're civilians, just like everyone else, who are given an amount of power that should rest with ordinary citizens. Up until around the 1800's, many places (at least in the US) didn't have formal police forces; they were considered to be a 'standing army' or something like that, which they are to some extent (if there was a rebellion, the police force would be the first line of defense, even if the rebellion was an openly declared war in which case it should primarily be the military in combat). For the most part, catching criminals was up to civilians; admittedly, it might be somewhat harder for a civilian watch to do so nowadays, however it wouldn't be unlikely to see third parties jump up funded by donations, or individuals gathering together to find a murderer or thief. Which does happen from time to time, there are groups that do this, and sometimes succeed where the police dismally failed. I also dislike how internal affairs is often an agency within the police force itself; I feel that is a large conflict of interest. Obviously some places (Detroit, Baltimore, etc) require a large police force like they have in order to keep peace due to the massive amount of crime they have, however if you ever go to those places, it's pretty rare to see police patrolling the areas where the majority of the crime is actually performed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.