Crime Police investigate Habbo Hotel virtual furniture theft

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Thieves have struck again in the virtual world Habbo Hotel.

Finnish police are investigating up to 400 cases of theft, with some members reporting the loss of up to €1000 (£840) worth of virtual furniture and other items, according to Detective Sergeant Marko Levonen.

"We have done five home searches in five cities in Finland," he said.

This is not the first time Habbo Hotel, which allows users to meet friends and buy virtual goods, has been targeted.

Last edited:

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Is this what our police do to kill time? Hold on. They don't have time to kill...

Seriously? It should be in the ToS or EULA stating that Habbo Hotel isn't responsible for any losses. And... you'd have to be a DUMBASS to buy VIRTUAL FURNITURE...

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
The bastards stole my couch! :mad:

What if they find the thief's, lock them in a cell with virtual item?

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
-Wait. How are they gonna find the virtual goods by searching homes?

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
The virtual fingerprints >.>
The thieves are obviously gonna' have their Habbo Hotel avatars sent to the Habbo jail where they will only get one Habbo call per Habbo week.

Those Habbo victims should have remembered to buy a Habbo door-lock when they were spending cash on Habbo furniture.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Hold on. Let me go buy a Habbo Glock. It'll keep them away for sure. And maybe I'll get a Habbo M24... And a Habbo G3. And a Habbo M416.... And a....

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Next!
"Habbo hotel residents found murdered!"
Police are wondering just how to kill someone virtually.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
They control them, and alternatively delete them.
Oh me and my witty non-funny nonsensical sentences.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of cybernet, where crimes are inevitable. :thup:

Artificial

Without Intelligence
Reaction score
I don't really understand why you guys are so against this. Let's say you buy keys for SC2 and other Blizzard games and attach them to your battle.net account. Then someone steals your account, and uses your account themselves, making you unable to use those keys you had purchased. Are you gonna be just like, "Oh, someone stole that stuff I paid big bucks for. Ok, nice"? You should; a random 28(?)-character string on Blizzard's server is just as virtual as a piece of furniture on Sulake's server.

> It should be in the ToS or EULA stating that Habbo Hotel isn't responsible for any losses.
I don't think they're investigating it as Sulake (Habbo Hotel's owner) being responsible, but rather as the guys who actually stole the goods being responsible.

> And... you'd have to be a DUMBASS to buy VIRTUAL FURNITURE...
And... you'd have to be a DUMBASS to buy VIRTUAL PETS... To defend these Habbo users, though, can be said they are mostly 10-14 years old. I don't think same can be said for WoW users. :p

To be honest I think you have to be a dumbass to steal virtual furniture in Habbo. I mean if you're 16 or older (as you kinda like have to be to make a phishing site or such), it's starting to get really creepy you're still in that place. These guys should be ashamed of themselves being in Habbo. :/

Seprest

Reaction score
People on habbo hotel can consolidate $10,000+ of furniture, it is really crazy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.