US News Police Officer Pepper Sprays Baby Squirrel In Texas (VIDEO)

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score

MESQUITE, Texas - A YouTube video of a police officer using pepper spray on a baby squirrel has sparked outrage in the city of Mesquite, Tx.

A student recorded the incident. In the video, the officer is seen spraying the animal after it began chasing students around at Kimbrough Middle School.

Students are heard begging the cop, reffered to as Officer Davis on the video, to stop with cries of "No!" and "Don't spray him!"

Mesquite Police Department has defended the officer's actions.

Last edited:

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It was after his nuts.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
What a bastard.
Seriously It`s a baby squirrel,not a evil monster.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
We had squirrels everywhere at my high school. It wasn't a big deal. The only thing I can think of for this to make sense is it had rabies or something.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
Squirrels don't carry rabies*

*it is possible for them to, but the % is actually sooooo small it's rediculous. Besides the fact that there are only a few cases of rabies a year in the US, squirrels are incredibly unlikely to actually carry it.

This officer was just being a dick. everyone could have walked away. no one needed to start spraying pepper spray. it's just stupid.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
so what would you have let the squirrel just run around, possibly biting (small percent is still a percent) the kids, and even if it didnt have rabies, a bite could still cause infection. i feel bad for the squirrel yeah they are pretty awesome/cute but seriously what else could he have done to calm it down.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
lol? yeah I would have just let it run around actually. It posed no threat. At California State University of Northridge squirrels run right up to you and look up, hoping for some food. It's just kind of funny... they are not bloodthirsty lol. Go to FireCat's link. They seem to be under the impression that it doesn't even happen (can't transmit to humans even if they do have it). I got bitten by some dog once and the animal control people told me not to even bother with a rabies shot because it's so highly unlikely.

Regardless, it's not about rabies... I'm pretty sure he just sprayed it for the hell of it... did you even watch the video? everyone is like DON"T DO IT... and he's just looking at it and then sprays it.

The whole thing is just juvenile.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
You know people the squirrel is OK. It was just pepper spray. It was taken to the vet and then released. The cop did his job. He did not know about the rarity of rabies, he just knew his spray would not kill it and since when do squirrels come up on cops? Squirrels usually run when confronted - hello.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I've been attacked by squirrels before. I kicked one and I'm pretty sure it's dead. They bite pretty fucking hard, it hurts.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
What an asshole cop. Why didn't he just throw a blanket on that squirrel?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Because people carry blankets around with them all the time, after all.... As much as I despise police and almost everything they do, I don't see why this is that big of a deal. I mean honestly, it's pepper spray. It just hurts for a bit, then life goes on normally. And even in the event he did kill it, it's a squirrel. It amazes me how up in arms you all are getting over this, seriously what the fuck guys? They MIGHT live what, five years? It probably would have been hit by a car or something in a few hours anyway.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.