• Yes!

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No!

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

sqrage

Staff member
::**POLL**::

Well as some of you know, im making a new map, it is going to be a king of the hill type map like no other. It will have small quests. The main story is they has been a war going on for months. This is were the game takes place. There are 2 "hills". It will have small quests as the map isnt too big.

The question here, should i include CRAZY SICK GOD-LIKE cinematics?

Or no?

the only reason i was thinking no was because people would play it a lot then they would have to go through watching it everytime they are in-game.

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
cinematics should only be used in single player maps. when people want to play a game they dont want to sit and watch a movie they want to play. it would become long and boring after you've played the map a couple times

pladams9

Seth's Good-Twin
You could include shorter cinmetics that can be skipped. Like mini 3 minute conversations. That way it's short if you do watch it, and you don't miss much if you skip it. I've seen maps that allow you to Escape and if most of the people hit Escape it skips the cinematic.

Also, I wouldn't add too many cinematics. Maybe one for every small quest, and two for the big ones. Possibly even less. Maybe as little as only one for big quests, and one for a few of the small ones.

It's pretty much all about the balance between story and play time. The balance is about equal for single player levels, almost all play for most scenarios, and mostly play for multiplayer RPGs. Or at least it should be.

sqrage

Staff member
hmmm i think i just thought of somthing in the begigng ull et an option "CinematicMode" or "NonCinematicMode" then obviously they will do their role. :shades: :shades: ill cool :D

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Eh, but what if they really like one, but they think the others take too long, are boring, are redundant, etc? :p You should make a simple trigger loop so that whenever a player presses esc. that player will skip the cinematic, but any other players who want to can keep playing.

Having a short 'preparation time' at the beginning can help, because then any players who skip a cinematic can do more than just sit around and wait for the noob players ----- it will give them an advantage and overall improve gameplay.

Just my thoughts :).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Test!
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I must be in a test server.
    Nice, Twitter tweets embedding now works
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Yup.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Excellent.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    @tom_mai78101 Hello there.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Tagging works in the chat too.
    @Ghan Missed it.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Still fixing things here and there. Added widgets to the portal, will make it match the ones here on the forum index tomorrow.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    The venerable World Editor Tutorials site has been converted to HTTPS at last.
  • jonas jonas:
    cool
  • jonas jonas:
    and I can even edit my messages, nice
  • seph ir oth seph ir oth:
    GENERAL CHIT CHAT, YOU ARE A BOLD ONE
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hello there
  • The Helper The Helper:
    this new chatbox is great and the forum software update is great too
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    upgrade has fixed forum registration spam problem
    Something tells me we might be able to customize the chatbox a bit, considering that there's a gap under every message.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Going to deploy a fix soon, just had to take some time for myself this weekend.
  • Varine Varine:
    Unbelievable. Time for yourself? How dare you!
  • Wizard Wizard:
    xD
    Hm, it is now harder to type anything on an Android phone. Pressing Backspace or Enter keys will dismiss the Android keyboard for some reasons.
    Just noticed there's a delay of at least 2 minutes before each post. Guess I can't post Headline News quickly as I used to.
    As far as I can tell, there are definitely things I need to get accustomed to first.
  • Varine Varine:
    FCC is cracking down recently

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop