Polymorph Aura?

S

Sargon

Is this possible? I just want to see if I can have a unit who turns everyone within a certain area of him into sheep automatically.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Eh, I think that would be a little to uber ...

BUT :D You can make an aura based off of unholy aura, set all values to zero, change the art to whatever you want, make it only target/apply to enemy units, and then when an enemy unit gets that aura, turn that enemy unit into a sheep.

OR---

Code:
[B]Actions[/B]: 
A unit comes within [150*level of polymorph aura] of [preplaced hero]

[B]Conditions[/B]: 
unit coming within range is an enemy of [same preplaced hero] 
unit coming within range is an ancient = false
unit coming within range is a building= false
unit coming within range is a hero= false
[Add more conditions here for units that you don't want to be polymorphed]

[B]Actions[/B]: 
Replace unit coming within range with neutral passive --> sheep, retain color and ownership
Not exact, but it should work :D Just browse through the Graphical User Interface commands and you'll pick it up pretty fast :D

S

Sargon

Of course it would be ridiculously unbalanced. But it would also be funny.

Well, the Unholy Aura thing won't work, because there's nothing in the Unholy Aura code that involves morphing. Without that, the unit says that it's a sheep (as a buff) but it doesn't actually change at all. I tried using Hex, but it wasn't an aura, and I couldn't figure out if I could make it one. I'll try the trigger stuff though.

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Yeh it should be possible. I'll post up a map.

Okay I've made the map but there are several major problems:
If two units enter the aura at the same time only one morphs.
They don't unmorph when they leave the Aura.
If they did unmorph they would unmorph when they got past a square boundry instead of whatever distance straight from the Archmage.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Lol, :p I think you misunderstood the aura thing :<). I meant that it would add a buff to the units, and then VIA TRIGGERS you would change them into sheep :p. There are no native morph auras so you need to improvise via triggers.

Alternately, for a more balanced spell, you could do (check out my code for the other one too):

Actions: a unit casts mass morph
Conditions: N/A
Actions: pick every unit in [units within 500 of casting unit matching [matching unit is a unit=true and matching unit is an enemy of caster=true]] and do replace picked unit with a sheep.

S

Sargon

Shadowy Fear said:
Lol, :p I think you misunderstood the aura thing :<). I meant that it would add a buff to the units, and then VIA TRIGGERS you would change them into sheep :p. There are no native morph auras so you need to improvise via triggers.

Alternately, for a more balanced spell, you could do (check out my code for the other one too):

Actions: a unit casts mass morph
Conditions: N/A
Actions: pick every unit in [units within 500 of casting unit matching [matching unit is a unit=true and matching unit is an enemy of caster=true]] and do replace picked unit with a sheep.

Right, ok, I think I've got the idea now. Thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.