Report Pope criticises pursuit of wealth

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
_45082463_45082452.jpg

The global financial crisis is proof that the pursuit of money and success is pointless, Pope Benedict XVI has told a meeting of bishops in Rome.

The head of the Roman Catholic Church said that the disappearance of money as banks collapsed showed that wealth meant "nothing".

The Pope said that people should instead base their lives on God's word.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh my the pope looks so evil in all his pics. Its pretty disturbing to me being raised Catholic.

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
> Oh my the pope looks so evil in all his pics. Its pretty disturbing to me being raised Catholic.

The reason I posted this picture is because I found it amusing that the pope wears these clothes while telling people to stop "hunting for money" or so... Oh, the ironi. :rolleyes:

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Maybe he is more ascetic than we are giving him credit for, if he really sought worldly joy, he could afford some botox.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Isn't he like... super rich? Or is that gold paint spray?

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
To think, I read him criticizing the pursuit of wealth and thought he was onto something... then he had to go and ruin it by drawing a stupid, invalid conclusion. What a fool. Oh and I agreed with those other comments about all that fancy stuff he had to.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
He just wants the church to be in control again, lol. That will NEVER happen anymore xD

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
> Oh my the pope looks so evil in all his pics. Its pretty disturbing to me being raised Catholic.

The reason I posted this picture is because I found it amusing that the pope wears these clothes while telling people to stop "hunting for money" or so... Oh, the ironi. :rolleyes:

Was thinking the exact same thing before i read your post ;)

Kings

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
"Pursuit of wealth is bad!..now I'ma go polish my solid gold staff and gold studded hat...." Yea, i can see where he's going with that......

Asehujiko

Reaction score
I'd like to see him managing an economy. Preferably one that doesn't affect the rest of the world.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
He's trying to advocate communism. But it supports Christianity as it's only religion

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.