Popularity of WC3 Maps

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
Hey, I was thinking in my spare time (which I have a lot of at the moment) whether or not I should make a WC3 map like I did a long long time ago :p.

However, I was thinking of what type of map i'd have it as. Such as a RPG, TD, Singleplayer Campaign.

Eventually I came to the conclusion that a story-driven Singleplayer Campaign with epic cut scenes/cinematics would be a good project. It wouldn't be a normal WC3 meele map, but a more Roleplaying/involved story.

Any ideas or feedback?

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
I believe it would be interesting, hower it won't last long. It's like a, play once and go, type of game.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
the dwarf campaign a while back ago was HUGE, it had a rediculous ammount of downloads before it got outdated, it could get big but depends on how fun it is and how much effort is put into it, when the minute details have a ton of concentration the maps tend to get super popular, just as a rule of thumb, but it is hard to get a single player game popular, just because it doesnt spread over b.net

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
I love single player campaigns, so I say go for it! Depending on how much time you have and how much effort you want to put in, you could potentially turn a couple of maps from the campaign into co-op maps which you could release on b.net to appeal to the multi-player audience.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Nowadays people have a shorter attention span than before, so it shouldn't be too long or need too much play-time.

duderock101

Reaction score
Hmm... ok thanks for feedback. I'll look into a story and decide myself. It'll be interesting to keep the player interested. Perhaps puzzels, boss fights and other things.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
the dwarf campaign had riddles all over the place, in order to get past this one part in it you had to find an altar to the old god, interact with it, read his name, then type an exact match in front of his temple doors to get in, things like that made the game fun, as long as you didnt get stuck on something super hard, rage, and uninstall/ragequit :p

and btw, single player games do not have a size limit, you can import as many custom audio files and models as you want, makes sure the quests/objectives are said via a voice not a computer-automated voice or just text

duderock101

Reaction score
Voice-acting eh... hmm i'll probably make the campaign first, then add extras like that.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Mini-game?
Everyone loves something quick and simple. Doesn't take long to make, and for this reason you can make it as eye-catching as possible. lmao i love making minigames :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.