Portal (but mostly Portal 2)

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
I am aware that sqrage made a thread about portal. Two years ago. So. :rolleyes:...

Ya. Ive been playing a lot of valve games recently, and they really excel in First Person games, and portal has a nice little physics system, gets really confusing sometimes though o_O

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
So continue it instead of making another...?

At the very least make this a thread about the recently announced sequal, which looks amazing!

There better be cake in the sequel :eek:

Razalgrim

Reaction score
This was a triumph. Hopefully, Portal 2 will be even more awesome.

At the very least make this a thread about the recently announced sequal, which looks amazing!

When we're all dying, Portal will still be alive.

This comes as no surprise to me.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Valve have definitely announced it, maybe not on their site, but the whole reason for the reason Portal update on PC was because of either the announcement of Portal 2 or HL2: Episode 3 (which in the end turned out to be the former). Look up GameInformer, I'll provide links to the magazine articles for those who are okay with the spoilers.

EDIT:

---

There is not even a mention of a cake in the sequal, however the overall dialog of the sequal is as good as the first, retaining its black sense of humour.

There are a lot, LOT more puzzles. Including a co-op story mode (which is completely seperate from Single Player). Valve's main aim is to have players completely rethink everything they know about portals.

To put this sequal in comparison to the old one, Valve said that the first game was a "test bed" because they had no idea how successful it would be. Once they saw how successful it was becoming, they immediately put together a much bigger team of about 20-30 (in comparison to Portal's team of 8) to get to work on the sequal.

(then again, this could be the biggest build up to an April Fools prank ever. But at the moment it all looks very official, with a lot of screenshots, concept art and quotes from members of Valve)

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Anyway. Portal 2 you say? Thats awesome. :)

I think it should be something like...

Portal 2: Search for Cake

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
The cake is a lie.

Did they add anything unique to the sequel? If its basically the same thing I'm not going to try it.

Laser reflecting cubes is the first thing that pops in my mind.

sqrage

Reaction score
Also co-op campaign. Did you read Jindo's scans? (Or at least look at the pictures?)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Yes, if you are interested look at the tinyurl links, which are scans from a gaming magazine detailing exclusive information on the sequel (I must confess that they're not my scans though.)

There is a lot more in the new game, Valve specifically say the following about it in the articles:

Portal 1 was so short because it was a trial. We paired it with Episode 2 and Team Fortress 2, which were recognizable and safe. Then we had this Portal thing, and we had no idea if people would dig it, even though we thought it was a cool idea ... and the results came back wider than we could have imagined. There was no way we could have planned for it. So we knew we had to double down and give them more. Portal was a test bed. Portal 2 is a game.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
i got to lvl 19 of portal (if that is the last level) and its too friggin hard compared to the rest of the game, i actually thought there was like a secret passage on room 18, its just there to make fun of you, it doesnt really go anywhere.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
i got to lvl 19 of portal (if that is the last level) and its too friggin hard compared to the rest of the game, i actually thought there was like a secret passage on room 18, its just there to make fun of you, it doesnt really go anywhere.

I found 19 really easy.. o.o The Advanced levels are really hard though.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Loved the scans, made me laugh on the Whitley part :D
*puts a ring around the estimated date, then adds a giant circle around a month a year later on.*

Heres to hoping Valve time doesnt exist here :rolleyes:

sqrage

Reaction score
They've been surprisingly on-time with recent releases such as L4D and L4D2, and the TF2 updates. Hopefully they will keep this up!

Yea but we've been waiting for Ep. 3 for like 3 years. :thdown:

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
probably because of L4D L4D2 and TF2, those games probably had more priority.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Portal is free until May 24th...

Edit: They added a Mac client as well, Mac users...

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
You guys should try Portal Prelude. Google it. It's a free mod for Portal and 10x harder than the normal Portal.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Portal is free until May 24th...

Edit: They added a Mac client as well, Mac users...

oh snap! free games are always nice.:)

edit: just played a bit, (took like a hour to download steam and portal, then like another hour to update it) looks really cool. graphics are nice compared to what I normally play.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.