Portal (but mostly Portal 2)

Genemos

Reaction score
For the lazy buggers who haven't read the links that was posted earlier, there is quite a lot of added stuff:

Some sort of catapult (forgot the name)
Paint (makes you jump, run faster/higher and other nice things)
Tractor Beam
Round Companion Cube (it is a ball)
Cubes reflecting laser?

Not to mention it shall be 10 times as long as the previous portal :)

anyway, if you go to
http://aperturescience.com
Write: "LOGIN"

and enter the info in this picture
hl22010051511334610.jpg

User: cjohansson
Pass: tier3

you will find some other goodies. =D

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
Actually the password is not cjohanson, but "cjohnson". I guess you made a spelling error.

And a companion ball is not new, it is already in the advanced level.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
Actually the password is not cjohanson, but "cjohnson". I guess you made a spelling error.

And a companion ball is not new, it is already in the advanced level.

So what do you do after you get the admin

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
[youtube]5THiN8szSKM[/youtube]

Trailer + Introduction (British Personality Core!)

[youtube]Bq2mZoKkqMw[/youtube]

Some previews of the new mechanics (lasers, new cubes, leap of faith pads)

[youtube]mGlyQmmvj0w[/youtube]

Previews of the vents and special gels

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
mhhmh, over the past few days I've watched the trailer over 20 times.

Portal was short, I played it five times and then completed it, so I spent about 8 hours on it. Portal 2 looks really hard and since it has more content should last for a really long time.

P2 looks so good that I might actually buy it, twice, for multiplayer. I was hoping for crazy 10 player online multiplayer with portals everywhere but It's still multiplayer.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
That guy said, when he started talking about the propulsion gel, that those 2 are the only ones they were going to talk about. Does that mean more gels, or just more features we haven't seen.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I think that he means that there will be other types of gels (though there will probably be more features too).
Suction gel, friction gel and defriction gel are some obvious possibilities to me.(since lack of movement is just as important as movement in portal)

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i'm gonna wait for the $5 weekend sale that valve always seems to do. -_-

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Is the PSN and Steamworks thing confirmed? I mean, if I buy Portal 2 for PS3 I could download it on Steam too on my PC. I'm not sure about that anymore.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Jindo, how do I shoot someone with an Orange portal on Kongregate?

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Is the PSN and Steamworks thing confirmed? I mean, if I buy Portal 2 for PS3 I could download it on Steam too on my PC. I'm not sure about that anymore.

As far as I know, Steamworks is on PSN but not in the way that you seem to be describing. Steamworks allows Portal 2 on PS3 to get updated at the same time as the PC version so you'll always have an up to date game. I don't think it means that you can then get the PC version on Steam for free.

Jindo, how do I shoot someone with an Orange portal on Kongregate?

I have no idea, I only just went on to Kongregate for the first time in weeks to see this :p

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I went into a games chat and just moused over people who had blue portals. There was an option to shoot orange at them.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
As far as I know, Steamworks is on PSN but not in the way that you seem to be describing. Steamworks allows Portal 2 on PS3 to get updated at the same time as the PC version so you'll always have an up to date game. I don't think it means that you can then get the PC version on Steam for free.

You may be right, but I've read about it on some game-news sites (they're Finnish).

V2.fi
Lisäksi Valve pakkaa PS3:n Portal 2 -pakettiin mukaan koodin, jolla saman pelin voi ladata PC/Macille Steamista.

*Translated*
"At the top of that, Valve's packing a code in PS3's Portal 2 case, that allows you to download the same game for PC/Mac on Steam."

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.