Possible Custom Game idea.

3nvy

Hey guys,

Alright, here's my idea for a new custom map which I'm going to be working on, and I'd like feedback from people, as to their thoughts and criticism.

Here's what I've got down so far:

-Max Players: 4 (Yes, You can also play single player.. but it will be difficult).
-Multiple Heroes, which will work together. This will mean that it will be difficult for a single player to walk off on their own tangent, and the group will do much better as a whole if they stick together.

My reasoning for the small amount of players is that I want it to be a team based game, where working together is encouraged. I figure the more people there are, A) The less organized it will become and B) The easier it will become if they all do manage to band together and keep it under wraps.

As for the actual gameplay side of things;

I will have a forest sort of map, and the idea is to kill the creeps in the forest before the timer runs out. The creeps will respawn as a stronger creep type when the timer is out, and the hero's have to run through the forest killing em all off again.

However, I want to have something happen when the timer runs out, as to make sure that those who are new to the game and don't know where to go will not get discouraged from an early game over. I was thinking perhaps a small arena full of stronger creeps that the group has to battle through? Not sure as of yet.

My own criticism of this idea:

I don't know how exciting the gameplay will be, as there will be no adrenaline aside from the timer, so players could get bored with this easily. I'm very keen on looking for ideas on how I can fix this particular issue, as it is the most important one that I am facing at the moment.

I don't know how difficult the gameplay will be, as the heroes will be levelling and will become pretty powerful. I guess it would just take alot of testing and balancing to get things right.

I also am unsure if this is an original enough idea, or if I'm just ripping off someone elses custom game.

Thoughts/criticism is the entire reason I made this post, so please, post away.

Thanks very much in advance,

-3nvy

Rad

Reaction score
Sounds very basic, 50% of your information is about why there is only 4 players. Not to be rude but nobody is going to play a game where you just kill creeps. There needs to be some type of challenge, unique ideas like items and towns stuff like that...

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Technically this is a very new idea, but all it really is is the basic combat of warcraft, with nothing else, pretty bear minimum there. its like any rpg, except instead of going to a new area and having a purpose you are striving for, you just go through the same old area with slightly stronger creeps...

3nvy

Rad said:
There needs to be some type of challenge, unique ideas like items and towns stuff like that...

The challenge is what I'm trying to find, and the purpose of this post.

As for items, there definately would be custom items, but since I will not have TFT for a few more days, I have yet to begin work on any.

AgentPaper said:
Technically this is a very new idea, but all it really is is the basic combat of warcraft, with nothing else, pretty bear minimum there. its like any rpg, except instead of going to a new area and having a purpose you are striving for, you just go through the same old area with slightly stronger creeps...

Keep in mind that this is all I have planned thus far. My posting was in order to get feedback on what people would like to see added to this, in order to make it exciting and to be a challange.

Thanks for the comments, please keep em coming.

-3nvy

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe have it be the hero's are in some other dimension or world, and prolonged stays in it corrupt and kill them. then there would be "towns" with magic protections that are safe, and your heros have to do some thing or another to protect the magic core/building thing.

3nvy

I think I understand what you mean..

Like, have certain times where creeps raid the town and try to destroy something (Lets call it the core, like you suggested), and the hero's have to defend it.

And while the creeps ARENT raiding, the party can move out of the town, to go and slay creeps to level, but while they're out of the town, they slowly die due to the atmosphere or whatever.

Just a quick note, isnt this very similar to a Hero Defense?

Cheers
-3nvy

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Well, i didnt mean so much as them defending it inside town, but like going out and killing monsters to get to a leader of an attack, or a catapult thingie, or a magic stone, somehow protecting the town(s).

3nvy

Ahh, I see what you mean now. Sounds like a good idea, might have to try it out.

If anyone else has any more idea's they'd like to put forward, please do.

-3nvy

und34d-rul3

Reaction score
ok i know you think 4 heroes would be better in the game, but i usually hate games with 4 players, reasons:

1)if one or 2 players leave then your left with 3 or 2 people
2)theres barely anyone to talk to
3)theres only 4 slots and the game is harder to distribute

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hmmm, Just an idea

Y not make the creeps in an enraged fury that attacks some generator that keeps the dimension from ripping apart? then when the countdown timer ends, there would be stronger creeps, and a random event (e.g: hurricane, metoer shower, Acid Rain.). Just an idea

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
have like 5-10 minutes inbetween raids, and make mini-quests from the villagers your defending? maybe? Oo or maybe the general wants you to bring wood to the palisade.. or go save timmy, the unloved bastard son of.. i mean, timmy the beloved child of some school.. sure.. school.. X.x

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
  • Have a mega creep that when he dies, he drops a good item
  • ---the creep, and item get better every time the timer runs out.
  • Make scattered powerups around the course.
  • Make a powerup thats better than all the rest, and make a quest to get it.
  • Have some villages for rest and health and mana, etc.
  • a city inside the map where its taken over by undead.
  • Make a naga stronghold.
  • Have a village burned by dragons.
  • --the village will be consited of doodads/structures/(burnt items)

3nvy

Hey,

Thanks for all the ideas guys!

I think I will include powerups etc, as thats a neato idea. The quests, I'm not so sure about.. seems like it would slow gameplay down alot (unless its sort of 'Retrieve XX item from Big Bad Evil Man's cave, to recieve Uber Sword of Big Bad Evil Man Slaying' sort of thing.).

At the end of each round, perhaps I could have a big swarm of creeps come in and hunt the players?

-3nvy

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.