Possible? Disable Stand-Animation?

jnZ

I
Reaction score
just like the title says: is it possible to disable the stand animation? cant use pause function because iam using ravenform to change the form of my turret-unit to stationary, but it still has to attack. i attach the map take a look at it and maybe you can understand it easier. so is it possible to disable the stand animation? (so it looks like a tower/building) ? thanks in advance

Attachments

• GobT700X.w3x
    91.7 KB · Views: 61

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
I can only think of one thing, delete the stand animation on the unit you want to use.

-I can do it for you, if you don't know how to do it.

jnZ

I
Reaction score
oh yeah that would be awesome. but it would be even better if you add a animation that takes around 3 seconds and looks like the unit changes its feet to a platform (you know so it looks more like a turrent and less like a unit) and dont delete the standanimation - exchange it with one that looks like its feet are a platform and doesnt move

so:

Awesome would be: a editet stand animation (platform feets, doesnt move) + spell animation or whatever that looks like its feet are becoming a platform
if you cant do that...

Great would be: a editet stand animation (platform feets, doesnt move)
if you cant do that...

Good would be: delete the stand animation so it doesnt move around

jnZ

I
Reaction score
on the turret thing model ofcourse, 3dmax problems? so you cant do it?

btw a another similar question: is there a way to make the model face its target if it is a building/unmoveable? i fixed the problem with gameplayconstan minimum movementspeed - 1 and changed the movementspeed of the turret to 1, everything works fine but if you have selected one of those formation buttons (where every unit in the selected group moves as fast as the slowest unit) all units move with movementspeed 1. so is there another way?

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
What turret model? :confused:

Tell me the path...

And if you want to change facing try this action:

Code:
Unit - Move [COLOR="Red"]unit[/COLOR] instantly to [COLOR="Red"]position of unit[/COLOR], facing [COLOR="Red"]another unit[/COLOR]

jnZ

I
Reaction score
a unit without movementspeed seems to cant face any direction so the trigger doesnt help.

omg sry doublepost... thought i pressed edit -.-

jnZ

I
Reaction score
thanks for your work dude, and i will +rep you BUT there seems to be a bug with your model:

there is a black background with red lighting behinde the model (only @ some facings) its most likely the portrait background AND the unit is shooting all the time. you can/know how to fix that?

EDIT: sry cant +rep you know, you where the last guy (bomberman mdls ;) ) i gave +rep. I promise ill rep as soon as possible try to remind me sometimes

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
I'll try to fix it, I edit this post when it is fixed.

EDIT: Done, I couldn't remove the legs and lower it, because then the animations began to do stupid things like do some awkward bone-rotations and such...

Attachments

• goblinmobileturretnostandanimFIXED.mdx
    62.4 KB · Views: 67

jnZ

I
Reaction score
just one thing: if you cant do the platform feet thing, can you just change the model? just lower it a little bit that it looks more like a turrent (most of the feet underground you know). would be awesome if you could do that.

EDIT: btw if you would do that i think there is no need for disabling the stand animation, maybe thats another way to fix our problem here and it would look cooler

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.