Possible GeForce crash fix

L

LT.Homer Simpson

Nother Possible GeForce fix

This has been fixed in code in a future release. If you want to run the game anyway. Here's what to do:
In the settings folder there is a file called VideoDefault.con you edit this file with wordpad or ultraedit or whatever (not notepad) add this line:
renderer.hWProgramableTransformEnabled 0
Save the file and restart your game and now you can run the game.

This is a Nvidia driver bug on the Geforce4 Mx and Go chipsets, where they accelerate vertex shaders in thier drivers (not on the GPU HW as usual). This seems to be very buggy at the moment although they are working on solving the problem.. The workaround found above solves the problem for now.

Since this is an easy thing to do-if you have a probelm with any nvidia card try it and see if it helps.--If it doesn't just delete the line.

G

did not help one bit
geforce2mx p3 1ghz 256 ram
flikkering screen at options menu
fight my way thru that and start local game to test and it drops back to windows
wtf is it with this game
singleplayer demo worked fine

C

CaRnAgE[TG]

doesnt work, for MP demo or SP demo . . . i think it may be my video card settings, what should i change it to?

U

Unregistered

Are you sure its not: renderer.hWProgrammableTransformEnabled 0
you put:
renderer.hWProgramableTransformEnabled 0
with the one you put my game crashes. Please confirm, Lt. Homer Simpson.

U

Unregistered

hey homer,

Thanks for the advice but sadly i tried it and it didn't work..i have a P4 1.5GHz..512RAM and a Nvidia Geforce 64MB MX420..i've been reading and i hear that it has some problems but i tried your solution and when i opened it in word pad..pasted that baby in there hit save and BOOM! it said it will format all my data or something like that and then all the files in that settings folder are all now wordpad...but i really want to play this game..i have ALL the patches installed 1.1-1.31 and it starts up...then it dosen't even get past the start up screen before it freezes..i really REALLY want to play it so if you know of any other tips or sites that could give me information on tweaking it..is there someone working on this error now that you know of?

P.S. i have direct X9 and i had 8.1 before and it didn't work along with all the latest updates... post your answer here or e-mail me [email protected]..thanks man

U

Unregistered

IT WORKED

It worked, but what amazes me is that I have a ATI radeon 9700 pro(radeon based card) and this fix was for a Geforce based card.
A bit odd I would say lol, but im not compaining.....

IT worked, thanks!

thanks again

U

Unregistered

I had a similar problem. Actually, it seemed to be a problem with Operation Flashpoint, too. I could load a map in Battlefield just fine, but after about 5-10 seconds it would crash either to the desktop or completely reboot. Operation Flashpoint locks up the machine completely.

I found that if I reverted my Detonator drivers to version 27.50 the problem goes away. All newer drivers result in the same issue.

Unfortunately, v 27.50 is over a year old, and nVidia no longer has it linked on their website.

However, this non-English site seems to have the v27.50 drivers in question:

http://www.tweakers.net/meuktracker/1717

I can't verify the integrity of the above, however; download and use at your own risk (you should certainly scan it with an updated virus scanner before installing the above).

U

Unregistered

You are the man, I love you! Where do we send offers to the god of video ?

I spent a week trying to fix this...and came across your post....

U

Unregistered

These 2 links have fixes for the crash, tested them myself they work great!

Spam Removed

U

Unregistered

Whoever suggested the v27.50 drivers thankyou. it worked for my system (athlon 1.4 geforce 3 ti200 sounblaster 5.1 512mb ram).
The ea crew said to update all my drivers, this didnt work as i had the newest versions i could get. But i had it running in march anyway but due to reformat i had to reinstall. I think it might work for others out there with it crashing to desktop rebooting and just generally not being nice to you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.