Possible to make Fire Ball Instant?

Exuro.

Reaction score
mjello again

Im trying to make the Fire Ball Ability Instant...

i only changed a few values.. like 0.1 sec cooldown and dmg and such etc.

What i want is to make it as close to instant as possible.. so you can like fire super fast without having to wait for that fireball..

I dont know if making the fireball speed faster will make it super fast?

Thanks yet again

Nexor

Reaction score
You can set its cooldown to 0 seconds or use another ability that don't stops the unit when casting an ability, like berserk or windwalk, and trigger the fireball ability. Good luck!

Exuro.

Reaction score
btw, is it possible to edit it so it doesnt "think" its done when i selected 1 target?

Like keeping that bullseye for more targeting.. so you dont have to reclick the ability?

Note: I know that you can Shift+Click/Hotkey´s, but many people dont use them or dont know heh..

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Set speed to 0 if you want it to travel to the target instantly. You won't even see the fireball go from the caster to the target.

If you want the caster to have 0 cast time as well, you need two things: Set the ability's cast time to 0, and the unit's animation cast point to 0.

Like keeping that bullseye for more targeting.. so you dont have to reclick the ability?
This is harder. It has to be triggered, either with the use of unit finishes casting an ability event, or a timer. Order's will have to be reissued, and you'll have to keep track of when the unit is given another order from the user, so you can stop the continuous firing. This would most likely be a big system that could benefit a lot from coding it in Jass.

Nexor

Reaction score
hmm, I know what you are trying to do, but I think it's only possible using triggers. You want it to move to the targeted unit, but not spamming the hotkey for fireball. The only solution could be to use fan of knives using the fireball model of the projectile and setting the number of targets to 1.

Exuro.

Reaction score
Builder Bob, your suggestion is working fine :) almost instant.. so thanks to both of ya

+Rep to both :D

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.