Post a Replay - Receive some feedback! [ZERG]

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Anyway, I will 99% be transitioning to terran or toss. After you see this game you will get my point. It would appear that I am just not ment to be zerg.

Attachments

• asdasd.SC2Replay
    68.4 KB · Views: 300

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You did good that game and you could have easily had it... I don't see why you sit there with 18-25 larvae and 9000 minerals though... what's the purpose of that?

And then you rush in with your units to battles that you know you're gonna lose. 6 or so ultralisks vs like 20+ Stalkers? Of course you lost your whole army in that battle. If you brought the 50+ zerglings with you to that battle you would have won the game right there. And then you ran into 4 or 5 cannons and 2 or 3 collosi with Zerglings... that's not very strategic.

You had very good map control but you had over 9,000 minerals for over 50% of the game and you ended with 18,000! WHY?! You could have spent that all on Lings which cost no vespine or roaches which don't cost much and you would have EASILY won.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
yeah... there are quite a few things I need to iron out... anyway, what should have done was get some muthas and harass him as well... Still atleast that game my macro was on the level.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
If you lack gas, but have loads of minerals, there are few things you should spawn.

1st. loads of hatcheries. Just for larva producing.

2nd. Shitloads of zerlings. Just try not to suicide them, but maybe snipe some buildings or lonely units and harras as much as possible if possible. In big battles try to make your lings to come from the sides, just after the battle has started, so they dont block your main army and can get the surround without being instantly wiped out by tanks/collossi.

3rd. Queens. They cost only minerals and no larva. If you have loads of hatcheries you can get quite many of them.

Queens are awesome. Spreading creep makes them damn usefull. Heal is just amazing ability with any zerg units or buildings. Heal your ultras if fighting a ground army. Heal your corruptors if fighting air.

4th. Spine and spore crawlers. Seriously, they can move when your queens spread the creep enough. You can also find some use for your leftover drones when theres no longer need for so much mineral mining.

So, in lategame: put your gass on Ultras, Infestros, Hydras, Corruptors, depending on enemys unit composition, and then just spam hatcheries and lings and queens with your leftover minerals.

Army vs Army fight can still be pretty hard for zerg when enemy has time to build whatever tools they need. Remember to have full upgrades as soon as possible, and masive economy, so you can instantly replace your army when it gets wiped out.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Okay. I has not got help... SO I bump with a new replay.

Attachments

• Ultra Rush.SC2Replay
    76.8 KB · Views: 319

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Havent played sc2 for ages now. Havent played anything actually. :/

Hrm, might watch you replay later maybe, though.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Okay. I has not got help... SO I bump with a new replay.

Hey, sorry I haven't replied, I totally forgot about this thread.

Generally, the problem in that game, even though you won, wasn't you, it was your ally. He was obviously quite inexperienced, I mean - how goes 3 pylons into 10 gateways on one base other than CellaWerra?

So here's some tips for your ally:
  • Do "standard" openings, e.g 9 pylon, 13 gate, 13 gas, etc., etc. Not fancy stuff like he did where he's vulnerable the first 10 minutes of the game
  • Scout for proxies
  • Join forces - this is the most important thing in 2v2s. Joining forces together. You can't take on a joined force from the enemy without yourself joining forces. Then it's like 2v1. Watch this: http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/4330673/
  • When you're protoss, you almost always want a pylon close to the enemies' base for reinforcements.

And since you're the one who posted, here's some tips for you:
  • Generally, don't rush for a specific unit. Get a unit that counters the units that the other players have. Especially rushing for tier 3 units is risky.
  • If you do rush for tier 3 units, however, get an early expansion and saturate it. I cannot say this enough.
  • You were good with the upgrades - keep that up.
  • If you're floating, throw up for hatcheries -> more productions -> less dollars. You want as little money as possible at all times.

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
If I may give you some hints:

Around at the 6 minute mark you already had enough minerals floating to get your hatchery (you got it at ~7:40 in the end). I'd say you try getting it up immediately when you have the money, even if this delays your tech by 20 seconds later.

The two evo chambers should've been there around 3-4 minutes earlier, so you would be at 3/3 at the time the Ultras make their appearance.

You got way too much gas. You didn't manage to spend it even after getting to the Ultra tech. The only time you were low on gas was right after researching ling speed.
So I suggest going a little slower on the gas (only get 1 gas early on) and use the drones to get some more minerals.
With the earlier hatchery you can use the additional 2 geysirs pretty quickly once you need to.
But there's no need having 1500 gas if you only have 1500 minerals.

When switching from Ultras to Hydras you have to remember that Hydras are much cheaper. You run out of larvae pretty quickly and still got lots of resources floating around.
So when you throw down a Hydra Den (or Roach Warren or Spire) and switch tech then also throw down another Hatchery in your base in conjunction with it, and also get another queen.
Then you'll have enough larvae to support mass Hydra.

In later stages have some overseers flying around. One or two at your base, one with your army. Even if your toss ally got his observer. They're really useful and don't cost so much.

And a general tip:
Everytime you're over 600 minerals and you don't know why then spend the money immediately! Get another hatch, more units or overlords, even 20 evo chambers are better than just having the money on your bank.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
How can zerg have too much gas?
Never really been in 1v1 situation where I got low minerals and loads of gas.

s3rius

Reaction score
You had about as much gas as minerals during late game and were mainly making Hydras (100m/50g).
If you actually had made enough units to become low on minerals you'd have noticed that you'd still have a lot of gas left, but nowhere to put it.

I'm not saying that you should get less extractors or anything. I was just suggesting trying to get gas a little bit later than you did in this game to squeeze out a little more minerals instead. No use having a lot of early gas if you don't need as much.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
The reason I got the second extractor so early was because I noticed my food was 17/18. Spawning pool was almost finished and I had no larvae (IIRC). So I made an extractor to make it 16/18 so I could immediately make a queen asap.

At any rate, I already know that one of my biggest faults is the average unspent resources. And seeing as I was going for Ultralisks, I made sure I had lots and lots of gas so that I could remake my army in the off chance that they countered with Thors/Too much Air.

And I couldn't use my gas anyways. I was at like 199/200.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
So vestras how did you get your rank. Was it achieved via placement matches or was it earned from a different rank (if so which rank did you start with?)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
So vestras how did you get your rank. Was it achieved via placement matches or was it earned from a different rank (if so which rank did you start with?)

I started in low silver, now I'm close to high plat. Why do you ask?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
>I started in low silver, now I'm close to high plat. Why do you ask?

First of all, you are a goldie :p That is no where near "high plat" hell, that isn't even low plat. And don't even start with the " I am meating only plat/dia players" I faced a platinum player when I was in bronze (yes I started from the bottom) it is normal to meet players from all leagues when you are in gold (since this is the middle league)

Also, I will finish the spam by pointing out that I am not trying to say that being in gold is bad, hell I am in gold, what I am trying to say is that you shouldn't really deseave people like that... with this presicion I can say that "I am close to being first in diamond"

Also, recent 1v1 records of you show that you are playing protoss...

Sevion, what you were lacking is tech options. Get all the possible tech tree things, you never know when you might need hydras, or infestors. Another thing that I can recommend is using more unit types and getting either blings or roaches in your early game composition. They make defending/dealing with early pushes/having map control/containing the opponent that much easier.

You fought well. And please tell your buddy that he can have 2 gate + tech building(Starport or robo bay), 4 gate or 3 gate+ forge/the building from witch you get charge and blink.

These are the baisic configurations for 1 base toss. (Note the last one is my own config and it might be less/more intense on your economy then the other builds)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
>I started in low silver, now I'm close to high plat. Why do you ask?

First of all, you are a goldie :p That is no where near "high plat" hell, that isn't even low plat. And don't even start with the " I am meating only plat/dia players" I faced a platinum player when I was in bronze (yes I started from the bottom) it is normal to meet players from all leagues when you are in gold (since this is the middle league)

Yeah, I am close to high plat. I have ~1100 points in high gold, high plat point range is about 1000 to 2000, therefore when I get promoted from gold to plat, I will be high plat.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I have to agree with bloodcount on this one.

First of all, your points does not transfer directly when you switch leagues. You wont have the same amount of points when you get up in platinum. You will have about 500~.

Also, if you got 1000~ points in gold, you're high gold. You're not high platinum since you're not even in platinum. You could say you're a high gold player with the about the same amount of points a high level platinum player has(although they're worth less in gold league)

Still, you're a good player and a worthy opponent. I'm sure it'll promote you to platinum soon. You're absolutely better than a normal-high gold player.

s3rius

Reaction score
There are bronze/silver/gold players with more than 2000 points -
and there are a lot of diamons with less than 1000 points.

For all leagues you can say:
0-800 points = low
801-1200 points = med
1201-1500 points = Somewhat high
1501+ = High

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
@Vestras:I think a protoss player giving zerg players advice is kinda...wrong.

Sevion, what you were lacking is tech options. Get all the possible tech tree things, you never know when you might need hydras, or infestors. Another thing that I can recommend is using more unit types and getting either blings or roaches in your early game composition. They make defending/dealing with early pushes/having map control/containing the opponent that much easier.

While Bloodcount is right in some aspects getting every tech option is a bad idea.You would want to optimize offensive unit production as much as possible,Remember each drone used to create a building that opens up a tech option you wouldn't use as soon as it finishes morphing is one drone that could've have been used to harvest resources.And the minerals/gas you used could've been spent on other units.Having a set build order planned out at the beginning of the game is half the battle knowing how to adapt and adjust your build order depending on what your opponent throws at you is another crucial and vital step.

For example you are a zerg going Bane/Zling/Muta which will transition into hive tech at around the 20 minute mark.Your Terran opponent decided to go Thor/Marauder/Marine timing push.Initially the build Order doesn't call for infestors so soon but the terran forced you to adapt into a unit composition with infestor support.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.