Potential Team Member

Funce

Forum Assassin
Reaction score
Hello my name is Funce and quite recently I have got very bored with custom maps, and would like to make one with some like minded or in other words, I would like to join a team of people who would be happy to have a rookie on their team to teach and for some extra hands.:p

I am now out of school until next year and will have a lot of time on my hands, I have some experience in the Data Editor but I know nothing about anything else.

I am a quick Learner and if you need any more information for me to provide just reply to this topic or pm me.:D

Thanks
Funce

PS Terrain bores me no end.

Jokker

Reaction score
Do you have any goals or is there anything you prefer to work on? Where do you live (timezone matters ;) ) ?

Me and X-maul were / are teaming up. We have not had much time lately but these would be the questions I would ask before teaming up with anyone : D

Funce

Forum Assassin
Reaction score
My time zone is GMT +12.00 (New Zealand)

No goals really, but I do enjoy using the data editor.

PS Terrain bores me no end.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I am considering to start using the editor again. And taking up an old project of mine would most likely be taking most of my time. The thing is, that working together on something requires a pretty decent amount of coordination, as you cant really import and export stuff in SC2 Editor.

Also, I am from Denmark (GMT+1) so the communication would be a little complicated.

But never the less, if you are interrested in getting some help with a project of yours, or start a new one, I'd be happy to help you out. I'm pretty good with triggers and creating systems/dialogs. I'm decent with terrain, and I'm getting pretty good at the data editor aswell.

Funce

Forum Assassin
Reaction score
OK cool, I have no projects at the moment and I just want to help with another :)

Funce

Forum Assassin
Reaction score
Could you send me your "old project" and tell me what I would have to do with it?

X-maul

Reaction score
I was recreating the basic concept of "Hero Line Wars". Creating my own unique heroes. I only did like 1 hero complete, and 2 other heroes were only started. I did create the selection system, the income system, and the sending (send units to the oposite team) system.

I'm not gonna cancel this project though, but you can be allowed to take a look at an even older, and most likely cancelled project (Rethos Temple), as HOTS pretty much messed it up, and the data needs to be redone from scratch. (I dont have in this computer though)

I wont be able to send you a project for you to work on, as I will be doing that myself at some point, but I will help you start a new one if you are interrested.

Funce

Forum Assassin
Reaction score
I could think of a couple of heroes for your "Hero Line Wars" as well

X-maul

Reaction score
You are more than welcome to come with hero ideas for my Hero Line Wars map :)

Currently the way it's set up, is all heroes have 3 normal abilities, with short to medium cooldown and energy cost, which is learned every 3rd level (1,3,5,7 ect.).
Then there is a stronger ability, with medium to long cooldown and energy cost, learned every 5th level (6, 11, 16, ect.) and then I am thinking of making an ultimate ability with a long cooldown and high energy cost, which is learned every 10 level (10, 20, 30, ect).
And then last but not least, all heroes have passive ability, which normaly increases something by a percentage. That could be movement speed when out of combat, or increase damage the longer you are in combat.

Currently I have stats in the game, which are Strength, Agility and Intellect, which increases max health, health regeneration, attack speed, max energy and energy regeneration. And all heroes have an ability that they can learn every 3rd level, that increases the stats by 10 for each level.

I am also having that old Stat Maz system, where you can exchange 100 minerals for 1 stat, making your hero pretty strong, but hard to balance, and making the abilities follow in strength is close to impossible, unless I make them scale with the stats (which is no problem at all).

But if you want to make some hero ideas, you are more than welcome, but know that I want to put all heroes into that box of 3 normal abilities, 1 stronger, 1 ultimate and 1 passive.

You dont need to come up with all the abilities, 1 is enough even if it's only the passive :b

Also, I am experimenting with giving the heroes unique attacks (ie have one have chain lightning attack, another one splash and a third have missiles rain down from above in a small AoE).

If you want to do something with me (project or w/e) you are welcome to contact me on skype (contact info is on my profile), but I live a busy life, so I'm not all that active in the editor :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.