Potions Problem

Bloodydood

Reaction score
I'm having a bit of crisis on how I could implement potions in an arena efficiently.

By which I mean having all 4 tiers being useful instead of just the highest tier immediately in the game.

I have 4 tiers of Health potions:
Tier 1 heals 5% of the hero's maximum health.
Tier 2 heals 10% of the hero's maximum health.
Tier 3 heals 15% of the hero's maximum health.
Tier 4 heals 20% of the hero's maximum health.

I have mana and rejuvenation potions but they're the same percentages. (Rejuvenations both heal and restore mana)

My problem with this is that lower levels can't afford the higher tiers for a while and the lower tiers don't heal effectively.
I'm open to ideas as to make sure all 4 tiers have their uses throughout the game.

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
Well if you have percentage heal, it automatically adjusts by level. So why not have what you have, but not make it based on percentages?

For example, tier 1 heals 150, tier 2 heals 350, etc.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
5% is really small. If you have a basic melee map Strength based, it will only heal 32.5 (650 Divide 100 * 5) and that does almost nothing. 10% will get you 65 hp healed. 20% will only get you 130 hp. Please note that these are all at level one. Maybe try something like a 15% heal (Almost 100 hp), 25% (162.5 hp), 30% (195 hp healed), 35% (227.5 hp healed). This will allow low level players to heal a significant portion of their health, whilst still having now PWNAGE potions. Basically, start off healing around 15% with the cheap potion then decrease the % healed bonus per level. so 15%, 25%, 30%, 32%. or something like that. After this, all you need to do is balance the creeps to mach the strength of each potion.

Note: My math may be a little bit off, I didn't check it and just worked it out quickly.

Bloodydood

Reaction score
Actually I think I got an idea myself:

Each tier will have a maximum level to have. If maximum level is breached, then the item is automatically removed and it's sell value is given to the owner of the hero in gold.

So I can have Tier 1 heal 50% of the hero's maximum hp, but if the hero's level is over lvl 10, then the item is removed and it's sell value is given to the owner in gold.
Tier 2 would heal 40%, but if the level is over lvl 20 then the same actions are taken.
etc.

Comments?

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
That would probably work, just make sure that you balance the potions so that two never heal the same amount on the same character.

Bloodydood

Reaction score
Right. Suggestions are still open, but for now I figure the idea I just came up with is good enough.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.