PowerMPQ

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Trying to get at the normal wc3 campaign maps, so I got PowerMPQ. Downloaded fine, installed fine, but for some reason, whenever I start up the program, it does nothing. Absolutely nothing. Using 1.3 (not the beta), downloaded from the main site. Using windows XP on a newish computer, if that matters.

Anyone have any ideas?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
I would recommeng getting MPQ Master (somewhere over at campaigns).

Either way, some "editors" expect you to load some listfile first.
Did you? Do you have one?
Try a decent program?
What mpq did you open?

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Don't know anything about a list file, unless it was in the normal download. I didn't try to load any MPQ. Basically, I double click the icon to run the program, it activates, and then nothing happens. The program doesn't even start. Trying MPQmaster, hopefully that will work.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I use MPQMaster and it works fine. Simply:

1) - Download all the files and extract it to any folder you wish.

2) - Run MPQMaster

3) - Go to "File > Open" and go to your war3directory. Choose any of the four MPQs

4) - Click "Use Native Listfile" or whatever you want and click OK.

5) - Then double click the listfile thing and start MPQ browsing or whatever you want to do.

Yeah, it is simple and you probably didn't need it, but I was a little confused when I first used PowerMPQ and MPQMaster I think around late 2006.

Rad

Reaction score
Uhh yeah, this might be totally unrelated but I had a problem with an editor awhile ago where it wouldn't open, but wouldn't give any errors or anything.

I fixed this by installing the newer .Net framework. Some other windows updates might fix it too.

You might want to try that to fix the problem, but I can't suggest any alternatives and this may not work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.