Poweroverwhelming cheat detection problem

L

LazyCoder

Hi. I am making one of those cool 'Haunted Mansion' sortof maps and I have a system on there that prevents the user from playing with the 'power overwhelming' cheat or a map hack that makes your units unable to die. The way it works is it creates a probe in the upper left, with the lowest possible hp and it moves to a location. The area it is in is guarded by ghosts with max damage, so if it makes it to the 'end' location, it is destroyed and the player is defeated for cheating. If you are not cheating the probes are killed on the spot, there is no way for it to get to the end without cheats. The players cannot see this going on because they do not have shared vision with themselves or other players, just player 6 (the lights).

(man that was alot of text)

The problem is that the fog of war is broken around the ghosts that are shooting the probes, so you can sortof see what is going on. I would prefer it if the players weren't distracted by it. Is there any way to make it so the fog of war doesn't break around the ghosts?

BTW, my map is called 'Creepy Mansion' (all the good names are taken).

T

True Scorn

Wow that is pretty nifty, brilliant strategy to defeat reject hackers. But you'll have to talk to someone who knows hacks, cuz theres no trigger in StarEdit nor SCXE that disables fog of war around specific units.

L

LazyCoder

Oh, ok. I just didn't know if there was something really clever to do.

Wait! I just thought of something. Does it still reveal the fog of war even if the player shooting is your ally? I might try that.

Even if it doesn't work, it is ok. It just makes the map look a little messy.

BTW, I also have a system setup so they can't do 'black sheep wall' either

T

True Scorn

Cool, but I didn't think it was possible to do any cheats online, unless your hacking. As far as I can tell, the only maps that ever made extensive use of the fog of war manipulation is the "Stacked defense" maps, and those are definently using hacked editors.

L

LazyCoder

I know you can't do cheats online unless you have a map hack, which this is also preventing.

You can play my map in single player, that is what I am making this for. I want people to keep playing my map until they beat it, so there will always be that sortof mystery about the storyline in the map. For instance, I have not beaten Alone in the dark 4 (for starcraft) yet, and I keep going back and trying to beat it.

BTW, I am trying to get my map finished before 4 July, because that is when I am visiting my cousins who play starcraft.

D

Dariox

another one

well, i see u got a lot of anti-cheat strategies, but i'll give u a very simple one,

You know the cheat "show me the money" right? well, in a map in which u can't have more than like 8000, u can make a trigger that says like this:

Conditions:
Player acumulates at least 10000 ore and gas(Acumulate)

Actions:
End scenario in defeat for current player(Defeat)

V

victimchild

'Stacked'

By the way, they didn't use hacked editors for the "stacked" games. It's a few simple triggers:

Condition: 'Player 1' owns one 'Civilian' at 'Lights off'

Action: Disable shared vision for 'player 1' with 'Human Force'

Then make it so that when there's no 'Civilian' that 'Player 1' owns on 'lights off' that it restores shared vision. Turning lights off on your allies and yourself means that you can't see the enemies with it on, so you MUST remember to undo it before the enemies get to your position. Please someone add anything I may have missed.

T

Tojso09

I am not good at meele maps vs. the computer, so I cheat a lot in starcraft and I noticed that enemies get the same effect of the cheats that you do with the exception in power overwhelming being that YOU can attack and kill them will everyone else cannot.

so make a new force, if you have room to, and use a unit from that force to do the cheat protection.

just throwing my 2 cents in

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.