Arena Predator Survivors

SuperSoldier

Reaction score
Bsw_Hunter was given the map to add a system, and he added/fixed a bunch of crap, and I don't know what he touched, so the changelog isn't full. Also I need help, see status at bottom of post.

predatorsurvivors.png

Predator
Survivors
Originally by Bsw_Hunter who gave it to sLsIDK (me) and zeph (who, sorry but, hasn't done anything yet)
Current release: 0.13.1
Current version: 0.13.1

The original Predator map is by KingOfJasons
This is a remake, done by Bsw_Hunter, to turn the TKing of the survivors into it's own game. This is a fast pace arena game, where the object is simply to be the last one standing. Everyone starts with 5 lives. The game restarts every time (added). You turn into a ghost if you lose all five lives with some abilities as to not leave the player bored while dead.

Survivor:

Code:
    •100 health
    •50 mana
    •Five spells, four regular and one special one that gets a new random one every time you use it
    •Movement speed: 270
    •Health and mana regen respectively: 0.60, 1.20

Spells:

Code:
    •Pulse Bullet [e] - 15 mana, 6 second cooldown
        Standard attack ability, releases a small bullet that does 35 damage and pushes the target back
     -Basically it launches a bullet at the point, and pushes any units in it's way, dealing 35 damage.  If it hits a piece of debris there's a chance it will turn into a creep(s). Stops after two pieces of debris.
    •Blink [w] - 20 mana, 12 second cooldown
        Teleports the caster a short distance, good for escaping danger.
    •Natural Defense [q] - 10 mana, 12 cooldown
        Standard defense ability, creates a small cluster of trees or rocks to block movement and pulse bullets
     -Creates two to four pieces of debris, depending of the terrain, at the chosen point.
    •Heal [r] - 5 mana, x second cooldown
        Heals for 10 health

Special Spells:

Code:
    •[F]irewell - 15 mana, 20 second cooldown
        Causes a large ammount of fire to rain down upon the target area
      -Shoots fire down that stuns and damages the chosen area
    •Venomous Dagger [f] - 15 mana, 20 second cooldown
        Hurls a deadly dagger at the target unit that deals damage and slows the target
      -Shadow Strike
    •Enderstorm [f] - 15 mana, 20 second cooldown
        Causes many bolts of lightning to strike the area, dealing damage.
     -The monsoon spell or whatever, just a small storm of lightning
    •Hex [f] - 15, mana, 20 second cooldown
        Turns target unit into a critter for 3.5 seconds, oh how cute.
    •Natural Wall [f] - 15 mana, 20 second cooldown
        Creates a wall of trees or rocks at the target point

Ghost:

Code:
    •Invulnerable
    •125 mana
    •Movement speed: 200
    •Mana regen: -0.25

Spells:
Code:
    •Blink (same as above)
    •Mana drain - 10 mana, 50 second cooldown
        Drains the targetted survivors mana at a rate of 5 mana per second.  Lasts 25 seconds.  The range of mana drain is 100.
    •Chilling Presence - aura, 210 range
        Slows nearby surviors and decreases the life regeneration rate.
    •Curse - 0 mana cost, 15 second cooldown
        Causes the target to feel the ghosts despair, causing it to move slower for 6 seconds.
    •Gains Burning Soul when it enters the pit, it permanently drains mana until you are out of mana, then it is removed.  Deals 5 damage a second.

Runes:
Code:
    •Death Rune - Damages nearby enemies
    •Fairy Rune - Completely restores health and mana
    •Tiger Rune - Temporarily increases movement speed
    •Bunker Buster Rune - Gives the ability Bunker Buster to the survivor (removed for release)
        /*\Bunker Bus[t]er - 15 mana, 60 second cool down
            Bombards an area with firebolts, so weak that the enemies won't feel it, but the debris around them sure will.

Commands:
Code:
    •-cam - Resets the cam to what it was at start
    •-pfx (string) - sets your pulse bullet fx to either fire (default), ice, water, plasma, dark, holy, death, or poison.
    •-hide - hides the leaderboard
    •-show - shows the leaderboard
    •Esc - Pressing Esc will change your model to a female model (the sorceress model) Pressing Esc again will change you into a male model

Changelog:
Code:
0.13 to 0.13.1
 -Several bugs fixed by Bsw_Hunter, including ones created by him...
 -Volcano pfx added

0.12 to 0.13
 -///Fixed bugs with female option (FEMALE REMOVED UNTIL CHAOS CAN WORK RIGHT)
 -Added things to speed up 1v1 matches
 -Added short looped music
 -Added a ban hammer model to referee
 -New spell, Bunker Buster, destroys a huge ammount of debris.  Obtainable by a rune, disappears after use
 -Ghost's fixed
 -Added holy, death, poison, and lightning pfx
 -Added Survival/Deathmatch modes. (Survival is the normal mode)
 -Added new special spell (no idea what it is exactly, Bsw_Hunter added it...)

0.11 to 0.12
 -Owner ship of map changed from Bsw_Hunter to sLsIDK and zeph.
 -Possible one hit kill bug fix
 -Ghosts now have blink and mana drain
 -When ghosts step into the pit they now gain immolation, draining their mana.  Immolation disappears after it is over.
 -(delayed)New spell, Bunker Buster, destroys a huge ammount of debris.  Obtainable by a rune, disappears after use. (removed for release)
 -You now select the ghost upon dieing
 -Text changes.
 -New command -pfx (fire, ice, water, or plasma)
 -Added in CD for special abilties
 -Female model added

0.10 to 0.11
  -increased the number of players by 2
  -added ghosts for dead players
  -added leaver support
  -added -show and -hide commands
  -increased the missle speed of venomous dagger, gave it increased strike damage but less damage over time
  -increased hex's duration and cooldown
  -made pulse bullet less choppy
/// = Not added in yet or in that version, as was planned.
\\\ = Working on.
/*\ = Needs testing.

Pictures:

First four pfx for pulse bullet and the spell layout:
spells.jpg

Status: Need help with a unit changing system, like from male to female, but with a chat command. Replacing the unit would cause multiple units in more than one scenario and could cause the player to not respawn. Chaos worked, but then magically stopped working, and now won't work.

Dest

Reaction score
To be honest, I like normal Predators better than this. I don't see any of this things improving it's predecessor.

SuperSoldier

Reaction score
Honestly I've never played the normal predator, as I said in my thread I just took this over from my friend, so I don't really know what predator is like.

SuperSoldier

Reaction score
How funny, I was just about to stop working on it because I didn't have my one tester. You on USWest? (My name is sLsIDK on either.)

EDIT: Nevermind, stopping work on this for tonight, or for now.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Predators was awesome. Totally cool game that seemed to be uplayable now and rather old a game.
I would love it if you "revived" predators! Good luck!

PS: I could beta test by the end of next week, got some exams right now :(

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm Unable to access B.net for a few reasons. Send me the map and I can still Beta test it though

SuperSoldier

Reaction score
I have a bot, so I can just LAN with you, and as mentioned above, I'm stopping everything on this for tonight, not even going to bother adding the changes to the map onto here. The latest stable version, 0.11, isn't my map, so I don't feel I can post it up here saying that it is my map. The changelog is simply the changes done to the map since the original maker started to say crap...

I'll start betaing tomorrow, maybe around 11, (my time is PST by the way (helper time -2 I think...)) and as for Joccaren, I have a ghost bot so I can send you a LAN game and all the beta testers can play together.

EDIT: Also if anyone wants to find me a good loading screen image that would be appreciated. The models in the game are the male priest, paladin, and sorceress

EDIT2: Well, if anyone wants to beta I'm going to be on.

EDIT3: Found out sorceress name.

SuperSoldier

Reaction score
Whoops, forgot to update the status at the bottom, I got the skin to work fine, but then had problems with the attachment model, but I found out it must have not imported all the way because when I reimported it it was bigger. Oh, and several bugs fixed and volcano pfx added in .13.1. Pretty soon I'm just going to get Bsw_Hunter to edit the post because he keeps changing crap, even when he's supposed to fix just one thing...

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I tried it, it was pretty good and cool!

I apologise for not being able to do a proper comment, but I didn't get a chance to play online. Anyway, how come debris sometimes become units and other times do not? Is there a reason for them turning into creatures?

SuperSoldier

Reaction score
Well hiding behind two pieces of debris wouldn't be that fun for everyone, now imagine Natural Wall, they could just hide behind it for a while and not have to move. With the creeps it allows the debris to not only be used for blocking, but to also be used as a weapon. And they randomly turn into creatures. If you're unlucky they also sometimes die upon being spawned. Also, any suggestions for the map?

black.sheep

Reaction score
Heres an idea.
Make some way for debris to respawn, cuz in really long games, you end up with a vast plain, especially with the bunker buster spell and the refs volcano ability. Maybe some ability for the ref that rez's a random amount of destructables within 500 range?

And a team deathmatch mode would be good, a good change to normal deathmatch.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Would also be awesome if you made a random predator appear once in a while and hutn for 30 seconds or something xD

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I have B.net now so will be able to test with you. I'm on U.S East, U.S West and Europe and my name on all is Joccaren

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.