World President Dmitri Medvedev orders missiles deployed in Europe as world hails Obama

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
President Medvedev ordered missiles to be stationed up against Nato’s borders yesterday to counter American plans to build a missile defence shield.

Speaking within hours of Barack Obama’s election, Mr Medvedev announced that Russia would base Iskander missiles in its Baltic exclave of Kaliningrad – the former German city – next to the border with Poland.

He did not say whether the short-range missiles would carry nuclear warheads.

Taking advantage of the world’s attention on the US elections, Mr Medvedev also cancelled plans to withdraw three intercontinental ballistic missile regiments from western Russia by 2010.

Read more about it here.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Oh yay, fodder for the Obama haters.

This probably would of happened if McCain had been elected.

Broderick

Reaction score
Good grief... the headline is a bit misleading to say the least. This has nothing to do with Obama. The Russians just timed this during the election so that it wouldn't make a media splash.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Good strategy though...

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
I for one hope Obama will stay strong and keep this missle defense program going. Russia is just trying to make themselves look big since China is slowly becoming a world power through its massive population and growing economy.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Hmm... I wonder. With russia looking big, will Obama make US look small?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Hmm... I wonder. With russia looking big, will Obama make US look small?

Probably. He's usually against the missile defense system so I can see him immediately ending the program. Then Russia goes to war with us and takes over Poland anyway.

EatShrooms

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Good on Russia. The US has been running wild with globalization/controlling the world for far too long. I doubt this or any other thing the russians do will make any difference though unfortunately.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Don't have such negative expectations of the future of the world. It's hard being the President, I suppose. What would you do if you were in their position? You'd have to think of practical things such as resources, not what people think about these things.

EatShrooms

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Don't have such negative expectations of the future of the world. It's hard being the President, I suppose. What would you do if you were in their position? You'd have to think of practical things such as resources, not what people think about these things.

Was that directed towards me?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Good on Russia. The US has been running wild with globalization/controlling the world for far too long. I doubt this or any other thing the russians do will make any difference though unfortunately.

Yes. So let us allow Russia to do it now, instead.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.