Preventing unit from attacking

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello! I'm making a attack system like in Diablo where you can dodge arrows etc by moving. This is what I got so far:

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local unit Attacker = GetAttacker()
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Stop
      • Animation - Play (Attacking unit)'s attack animation
      • Animation - Queue (Attacking unit)'s stand animation
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Attacking unit) to Neutral Passive and Retain color
      • Wait 0.72 seconds
      • Custom script: set udg_Caster = Attacker
      • Set Point[1] = (Position of (Attacking unit))
      • Set Point[2] = (Position of (Attacked unit))
      • Set Point[3] = (Point[1] offset by 50.00 towards (Angle from Point[1] to Point[2]) degrees)
      • Unit - Create 1 Missile: Shoot for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at Point[3] facing (Angle from Point[1] to Point[2]) degrees
      • Wait 0.28 seconds
      • Custom script: set udg_Caster = Attacker
      • Unit - Change ownership of Caster to Player 2 (Blue) and Retain color

Problem is that unless I change ownership to attacking unit into something that won't attack anyone the unit will fire very rapidly due to attack being interrupted. Is there any way to solve this without changing ownership? I need some way of delaying the next attack (not pause/stun)

Happy

Reaction score
i would like to help you but i really dont get what you wanna do with that trigger and what your problem is xD

djb4cc1o94

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Title of thread is wrong for what your problem is.Its not about prevent a unit to attack.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Title of thread is wrong for what your problem is.Its not about prevent a unit to attack.

It is fine really because the problem is the units normal attack keeps fight so the trigger can't finish running.

Dirac

Reaction score
Add the Orc Burrow ability to your unit, makes them unable to attack, removing it will revert this

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
Your problem is that you use event a unit is attacked, that means the unit already took damage and the attacker already played the attack animation, you should use a damage system to detect damage correctly and heal the units if they dodge, the downside is if the unit dodges but would have died if the unit didnt they would proabably still die, but other than that last hit you can create dodges easily

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Add the Orc Burrow ability to your unit, makes them unable to attack, removing it will revert this
This sounds like a solution. :thup:

Your problem is that you use event a unit is attacked, that means the unit already took damage and the attacker already played the attack animation
False; Unit Is Attacked happens at the very start of an attack, right before the animation plays and some time before the attack actually fires.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
ahhh thanks weep didnt know that, i might use that to my advantage in my map :D, im also not sure if you can figure out the wait time in between attacks but if you could do that, whenever the unit misses u could give it the orc burrow ability and play the attack animation then remove it after the time between the units attacks or just before, i dont know if adding it as the unit attacks then quickly removing it might refresh the swing timer

dodongo

Reaction score
You could give ranged units an artillery attack to target a certain point rather than a unit

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I thought normal missile attacks would work, so long as Projectile Homing wasn't enabled.

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Unit - Add Cargo Hold (Orc Burrow) to (Attacking unit)

Worked! Thank you very much! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.