World Priest Drowns Baby Boy in Baptism

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A priest in eastern Europe has been accused of drowning a baby boy as he baptised him.

Police are investigating Father Valentin for accidential homicide after witnesses at the ceremony said the priest did not cover the baby's mouth during the ritual, The Sun newspaper reports.

Father Valentin had denied being responsible for the baby's death during the baptism in Moldova.

The six-week-old baby died on the way to hospital and an autopsy found he had drowned, the baby's dad Dumitru Gaidau told Romania's Publica TV.

Last edited:

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
It's OK though, because Christians believe that the baby was cleansed of sins by being dunked in the water, and so the baby should be in heaven now.

Amirite?

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
uhm. shouldnt baptism be a quick thing? Its dunking in and then pulling out. :/

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Article said:
The baby's godmother, Aliona Vacarciuc, said the baby had been crying as the priest submerged him in the water.
So, he really knew what he was doing? :thdown:

Razalgrim

Reaction score
It's OK though, because Christians believe that the baby was cleansed of sins by being dunked in the water, and so the baby should be in heaven now.

Amirite?

Nope.

Hold the priest responsible. He's a fucking idiot.

Damnit. I've read terrible things in the news page, but this just ruined my day.

Razalgrim

Reaction score
He was joking. He was poking fun at the Christian religion.

I know.

But as I take it, he's making fun of something he thinks that Christians in general believe, which they do not. Or maybe he isn't. Let's not pursue the subject

I'm still pissed about how the priest killed the baby for the sake of "ritual." Where the hell does it say in the Bible that you have to dunk a six-week old baby three times in water?

Not to be a hater, but... these ritualistic idiots are the ones that give a good religion a bad rap.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
The funny thing is he's only going to get up to 3 years in prison. Then again, who'll ever want HIM to baptize their baby, much less anything else?

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Babies cry all the time. I'd cry too if a priest had his hands on me.

Then you know why the baby had water in the lungs. put your head in the water means while you cry. Is that a such good idea?

Well, It's entirely his fault!

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
It's the parent's negligence. Which of the two (Mom or Dad) came up with the idea of baptizing their baby? They know how a baptism is. However, there are other ways of baptizing a baby, by pouring the water over it's head.

And technically, based on the bible, all babies go to heaven automatically when they die. Until they gain conscious from good and evil, and know the 'path of god', until then will they have a chance to end up in hell.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.