priority (hard question)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hello,

I having an issue already since a few months
I have searched over forums and just couldn't find this !

In the unit-combat data is a field called 'attack priority'
Is it possible to change this number by triggers?

(or maybe effects/behavior what's so ever)

I REALLY wanna know this because when units entering a certain region, the attack priority of them should change to higher/lower numbers

It really screws my game if I CAN'T change this

MissKerrigan

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
attack priority is the target order for auto-attacks, higher priority, the more likely to be attacked, you CANT change this in game unless you trigger it, and thats a very complex system if it handles auto attacks in game

the only possibility is an upgrade that modifies units, but that still requires triggering

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I dont know if i am saying a very stupid or usless thing but now i cant remember if there is an actin that can modify attack priority but maybe you can solve the problem adding a behavior to units. If there is a behavior option that changes attack priority you can create some of them with different modifications (ie "behavior +1 atk priority", "behavior +2 atk priority", "behavior +3 atk priority", "behavior -1 atk priority", "behavior -2 atk priority", "behavior -3 atk priority") and then apply behaviors to units. But i repeat i dont know if could be done or not, this is only a suggestion.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
already searched for a behavior, but I can't find anywhere an option which is called 'priority' even not in the 'combat' or the 'weapon' part

maybe even siretu haven't any clue on this, so complicated

I got the feeling that it should work with a morph ability which turns the unit into another unit with a higher/lower priority but when try so here are a few problems either:

1. the unit stops for some reason when I triggered them to use the morph ability
2. some of the units wont morph
3. once the tower fires at a creep, it keeps fireing THIS target till it is out of range, and then it searches for the highest priority creep, this is wrong!

once a creep/unit enters the range of the tower, the tower must immediately change target (yes, stop attacking the current unit and start the higher priority unit)

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I thought about suggesting a solution by setting catalog values. Unfortunately, you can't set the attack priority.

1. Try unchecking "Wait until stop". If it doesn't work, I'm not sure if there's an easy way. I found this solution on SC2mapster: http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/development/data/13078-morphing-ability-causing-unit-to-stop/#p8. Try it out and see if it works for you.
2. Hard to say without knowing how you set things up.
3. Change the weapon's acquire target sorts so it uses TSPriority.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.