Pro War (Pro Vojna) Talk Section

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Final Pro Preview.jpg

Pro War V1.3 Talk Section

I dedicate this section to discuss anything about my map, Pro War. Those who don't know what map am I talking about, go here to check it out. D/l, play and feeback

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=159793

Comments welcomed here. Share whatever you like about it, only as it is constructive and useful. Random lines aren't gonna be put into guide :p

Contents:

1 -> Map Information
2 -> Hero Information
3 -> Items Information
4 -> AI Information
5 -> Tips, Hints
6 -> Builds
7 -> Teamwork

1. Map Information

Map Size: 64x64
Suggested Players: 2 - 10
Terrain: Cityscape
Map Version: 1.3

overview.jpg

overview2.jpg

Overview

A map with many corridors on open terrain. Players have two ways of reaching their base but many others to escape or catch an enemy. In the center of the map there is a fountain, obelisks, houses and other doodads that can be used to kite melee adversaries or escape ranged hitters. Creep respawns are placed in two parallel corner spots and near point locations. The map is surrounded by water from all sides and impassible walls. The Hero selection is placed on an island little away from the upper left creep spawn.

Both teams have a two way limited base of operations. Each base includes four npc vendors, replenishing fountain and the team's leader who serves as a guardian if an enemy would traverse into the base. There aren't other npc vendors on the map, and everything bought by one team can be bought by another.

This map is made in symmetrical order even if some doodads are randomly placed.

2. Hero Information

Overview
Players are selecting heroes at the start of the game. After Player 1 picks the number of kills, players can click once on a hero to see some "suck-explanation" and double click to select. No hero can be chosen more than once, this means only one player can control one hero type on the map (no mirror matching)

Warrior
Role: Damage Tank
Attribute: Strength

Thief
Role: Damage Melee
Attribute: Agility

Magician
Role: Damage Ranged
Attribute: Intelligence

Doctor
Role: Support Healer

Villain
Role: Support Tank

Heretic
Role: Support Ranged

Gravedigger

Jailor
Role: Support Tank

Spy
Role: Damage Support

Trainer

Knight

Engineer

Farmer

Samurai

Vampire

Guard
Role: Tank Support

Archer

Saint

Alchemist

Fanatic

Ninja
Role: Tank Ranged

Pyromaniac

Beast

Marine

Devil

Titan

Phantom

Shaman

Total Heroes: 28

3. Item Information

Overview
All items can be bought at the bases. There are currently four vendors selling items, and none out of the base meaning there is no secret forest vendor selling you epix crap you can't get anywhere else. There are also no recipes, you buy what you can afford. The items are classified as Normal, Unique and Epic. There are two type of consumable items

Mage Pants
Cost: 200
Gives: +1 Intelligence

Gladiator
Cost: 225
Gives: +1 Strength

Kitchen Knife
Cost: 175
Gives: +1 Agility

Branch
Cost: 115
Gives: +1 Damage

Ring of Armor
Cost: 100
Gives: +1 Armor

Goggles
Cost: 650
Gives: +1 All Stats / +1 Damage / +1 Armor

Golden Platemail
Cost: 850
Gives: +1 All Stats / +1 HP Regeneration

Bastard Sword
Cost: 750
Gives: (Aura) All allies around get 10% bonus damage

Wizard's Cane
Cost: 750
Gives: (Aura) All allies around get 75% bonus Mana Regeneration

Wooden Mace
Cost: 600
Gives: +3 Damage

Health Potion
Cost: 150
Gives: Heals for 100 health
Special: Consumable

Mana Potion
Cost: 150
Gives: Regains 100 mana
Special: Consumable

Speed Boot
Cost: 600
Gives: 50% Move Speed

Golden Blade
Cost: 1025
Gives: +2 Damage / Each kill gives you bonus 15 gold

Crossbow
Cost: 1250
Gives: +3 Agility / +3 Intelligence

Steel Sword
Cost: 1700
Gives: +3 Agility / +3 Strength

Master's Cane
Cost: 1500
Gives: +3 Strength / +3 Intelligence

Magical Orb
Cost: 2250
Gives: +2 HP Regeneration / +100% Mana Regeneration

Adidas
Cost: 1900
Gives: +65% Move Speed / +20% Attack Speed

Leather Cape
Cost: 1300
Gives: +2 All Stats

Bloodlust
Cost: 2000
Gives: (Aura) All melee allies heal 13% of damage they deal per hit

Pendant of Healing
Cost: 1800
Gives: (Aura) All allies get +3 HP Regeneration and +7% Move Speed

Ring of Health
Cost: 2500
Gives: +150 Health / +4 Armor

Ring of Mana
Cost: 2500
Gives: +150 Mana / +4 Armor

Lantern
Cost: 1000
Gives: Stealth Detection
Special: Drops on death

Staff of Healing
Cost: 4000
Gives: +200 Health / +200 Mana / Each spell has a 50% chance to heal allies around the user for 30 health and 10 mana

Fiery Mantle
Gives: +5 All Stats / -20% Spell Damage / Each second nearby enemies are burned for 6 damage

Bloodrazor
Gives: +6 Agility / +4 Intelligence / Each attack deals bonus damage equal to 4% of target's total health

Butcher
Gives: +300 Health / +2 HP Regeneration / Each attack deals bonus damage equal to 2% of your total health

Magical Scimitar
Gives: +6 Intelligence / +4 Strength / Each attack burns up to 3 mana from the enemy and deals that much damage

Facebuster
Gives: +6 Strength / +4 Agility / (Aura) Allies around gain bonus 2 armor while enemies have their armor reduced by 2

Godsword
Gives: +15 Damage / Each attack has a 15% chance to deal bonus 200% damage

Ninja Mask
Gives: +3 All Stats / +3 Armor / +3 Damage / Attacks against you have 13% miss chance

Holy Orb
Gives: +4 HP Regeneration / +200% Mana Regeneration

Flaming Edge
Gives: +9 Damage / Each attack reduces the enemy armor by 5 for 3 seconds

Spirit Edge
Gives: +5 Damage / Each attack has a 10% chance to deal bonus 150% damage / (Aura) All allies gain 20% Move and Attack Speed

4. AI Information

Overview
All computer selected slots will be activated when the Red Player picks the number of kills. Once triggers run, players have around 30-35 seconds to choose their hero before the AI picks it. The AI always picks randomly

Game
The AI acts according to their role in the team. This means, they act in a certain way rather than just run around and attack. The AI has two phases: farming and fighting. Initialy each AI will go to some location to farm for gold and engage in team battle or solo battle the enemy team. The three hero types determine how the AI will act:

Tank-> The tanky AI will preferably either farm heavy on start and engage as little as possible or charge into battle early on. Either way the tank is usually the hero who can eat as much damage before healing/retreating to base, and the AI is aggressive, especially when his team mates are in danger.

Support-> Supporting heroes are more or less, the life savers of the party. In this state, the AI pretty much uses all his abilities to disengage the enemy team and heal/buff allies, keeping them alive. Farming is usually last on his list and his damage output is either short burst or constant low damage.

Damage-> These bad asses are your team's carry mid-late game. If you ask what is a carry, carry is someone who is really dependant on items and gold early on, as he sucks so when he buys a lot of damage late game, he can be unstoppable. The damage AI is highly aggressive, and in most cases - stupid. Mainly farming is his option or stunning/slowing and eventually killing the enemy. Bots will try to kill everything that moves, without much concern.

Hybrid-> Although this is not a hero type, many of the heroes are hybrids between the three. Tank Damage heroes are able to high damage enemies while retaining most of their high armor, health or resistance. Tank Support is maybe a much better tank than one who does damage. His abilities will allow him to buff/heal himself and his stats will keep him alive even against multiple enemies at once. And Damage Support classes are probably not as good as the pure damage dealers, but they tend to get more in map control, disable effects. Maybe late game they cannot match the power of pure hack-n-slash class, yet their effectiveness is seen in team battle rather than in solo killing.

/!\ UNDER CONSTRUCTION :D /!\

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Should get some bot to host :rolleyes:

You know what I most like about my map? That I can play anytime and have a random experience. Bots are really, fun to play with. Sure they are a bunch of code, but each game random heroes are chosen, random battles are played. I just love random-ness. You can never get bored with it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.