Problem finding a genuine Windows xp/vista key? whant to get one legally for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
So, today i was gonna build a computer from old parts i had around from old computers for my girl friend. but while i was building i remember that i don't have any genuine Windows XP key that i can use (i prefer using a genuine)

so it got me thinking... I'm not gonna download some program or cracked windows, that's illegal. so i got an brilliant idea!

close to where i live we have a normal recycling area where people trow plastic and metal and stuff, even a container where people trow computers and alike.

so i went there and looked around on these computers looking for a sticker looking something like this:
mswinx2.jpg

and you know what?, i found 7 of them :)

as people trow away there computers most "normal" users trow away everything, and getting new computers whit windows vista. so meaning, they have trowed away this genuine windows keys.

atm i cant see why this who'd be illegal, it is allowed to pick up screens or keyboards and such from this container if you want, so why not the keys? :) if it was me tho, i who'd ripped that sticker off and burned it or saved it for the future, i mean that key is pretty expensive :rolleyes:

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
If your allowed to take parts from the pile, then i would assume that it would be legal.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That's where I find my ram for my computer lol junkyard ftw

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
OEM licenses are tied to the hardware it's sold with, so yes it's illegal. You can steal the computer from the dump and use the OS on it if you want, I guess.... but on that hardware.

The sticker is just a sticker. Physically having it or seeing it doesn't change the terms under which the license was sold.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
As per the above statement, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.