Problem with a VGA cooler

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php?idx=36

I bought this cooler to use along with my 9800 PRO video card but there seems to be a problem with the fan not working.
My prediction is that it has to do with the fact that my video card has a 3 pole connector while the fan only has a 2 pole plug.
The directions also state that the red and black pins should be in the same place they were before, however, thats where my problem is.

The video card's 3 pole connector had a fan which was set up so the poles were:

red, yellow, black

The fan's 2 pole plug is however REVERSE and can't get to the both the red and black port at the same time.

black, red

So, what can I do?

Ilendil

Reaction score
Well, I'm not very good with computer hardware so can you explain what exactly I have to get?

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Nothing I think.

Take the connector on the fan that has two prong.

With a small screw driver / push pin / push the little spring on the connector so it slides out of the housing.

Then plug the one connector (still in housing) on one end of the coolers connector, and the loose wire into the other side.

(Basically just use red and black)

Not sure which side goes to which, probobly educational guess or check the direction the fan spins.

Ilendil

Reaction score
I'm having trouble, I got to the part where I have to push into a "spring," but I don't know where or what it is...

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Oh man. I was hoping it was a flat black one, that you can slide the connectors out of - Thats what I described.

But now it looks like you'll have to find an adapter, unless you can buy the three prong end and rewire the fans connector :(

Is there not a spot on the motherboard you can plug that into?!

My board has several fan connectors........

Ilendil

Reaction score
Meh, nevermind, I fixed it myself by getting the wires out by pushing on the metal jutting out, that held it in.

I just plugged the wires one by one into the right slots and it worked.

Thanks anyways. :)

Ilendil

Reaction score
Well, I got confused when you talked about the "spring" but it was just a piece of metal jutting out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.