Problem with Cloud Abilities

zero9x

Reaction score
When i make an ability, copy from Cloud, like this:
When you cast, enemies in the Cloud cannot attack and silence.
Yes it work normally when i test it alone. When i protect the map and play online, it got a problem like the ability affected to my hero, i dont know the reason of this, but i my friends tell me he got the problem with it too. Can you guys help me please...
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Cloud
    • Actions
    • Set Temp_Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
    • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at Temp_Point facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
    • Unit - Add a 6.01 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Add Cloud [Dummy Skill] to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Set level of Cloud [Dummy Skill] for (Last created unit) to (Level of Cloud for (Casting unit))
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Dragonhawk Rider - Cloud Temp_Point
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
im not quite understanding the issue, but I would suggest using triggering unit instead of casting unit

questions:

1. does the dummy get created?
2. does the dummy cast cloud?
3. does the cloud have the correct effect?

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hm perhaps the cloud ability your unit casts interferes with the dummy cloud ability?
I would base the hero cloud ability on channel (as always) and only let the dummy unit actually cast the real cloud ability.

Also. Check the dummy cloud ability's stats. Targets allowed, tech requirements and so on.

zero9x

Reaction score
Yes, when i test alone, it normal. When i play online, it got bugged. My friend says he got that bug too, but idk why it caught bugged...

NeosDany

Reaction score
If you are using VXJWTSOPT or another kind of "protection tool", unmark the options until the problem get solved.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
how is it bugged, what is it doing and what is it not doing.
What is the hero ability based on?
What targets do you allow in the dummy ability?
Why are you adding the ability to the dummy thru the trigger instead of the object editor.

sur5al

Reaction score
Cloud is super bugged piece of sh... that ruins my map so much, because i need it to woork so badly...
First: cloud gets bugged if there is any other custom channel ability in your map which has the same orderid "cloudoffog". If you have any, then set their "Order String - Use/Turn On" to anything else.
Second: it is sensitive to player forces/teams. If first team casts it, then it works fine. If second team casts it, then enemy and friend are mixed. You need to make second ability (copy of it) and in its targets allowed instead of enemy set friend. Then it will be cast not on yourself but on first team units.
And if you have more than two forces in map, like i do, then you are monumentaly fuked poor basterd :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: and you cannot use it at all...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.