Problem with Intervals

PiCkstix

Reaction score
Is there any better way to make shorter intervals that using a Wait x seconds action? I heard it is best to use timers because you can wait as little as 0.01 seconds, which is what I would like to do.

How would I incorporate it into this trigger:

Code:
Shoot
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to |cffFF8000Paintball|r 
    Actions
        Unit - Remove U_PaintBall[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] from the game
        Set I_Angle[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Integer((Facing of (Triggering unit))))
        Set P_PaintBall[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Set P_PaintBall[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (P_PaintBall[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] offset by 40.00 towards (Real(I_Angle[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])) degrees)
        Unit - Create 1 Paint Ball for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at P_PaintBall[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] facing (Real(I_Angle[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])) degrees
        Unit - Add a 1.20 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Set U_PaintBall[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created unit)
        Set I_PaintColour[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Random integer number between 1 and 4)
        If (I_PaintColour[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to 1) then do (Unit - Change color of (Last created unit) to Red) else do (Do nothing)
        If (I_PaintColour[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to 2) then do (Unit - Change color of (Last created unit) to Green) else do (Do nothing)
        If (I_PaintColour[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to 3) then do (Unit - Change color of (Last created unit) to Blue) else do (Do nothing)
        If (I_PaintColour[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to 4) then do (Unit - Change color of (Last created unit) to Purple) else do (Do nothing)
        Set P_PaintBallTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = P_PaintBall[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 50, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set P_PaintBallTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (P_PaintBallTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] offset by 10.00 towards (Real(I_Angle[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])) degrees)
                Unit - Move U_PaintBall[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] instantly to P_PaintBallTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
                Set UG_Paintball[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Units within 70.00 of P_PaintBallTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))
                If ((Number of units in UG_Paintball[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) Greater than or equal to 1) then do (Unit Group - Pick every unit in UG_Paintball[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] and do (If ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Paladin) then do (Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 800.00 damage of attack type Spe else do (Do nothing)
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Number of units in UG_Paintball[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) Greater than or equal to 1
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 800.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                        Unit - Kill U_PaintBall[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
                        If (I_PaintColour[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to 1) then do (Special Effect - Create a special effect at P_PaintBallTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] using Fireworksred.mdx) else do (Do nothing)
                        If (I_PaintColour[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to 2) then do (Special Effect - Create a special effect at P_PaintBallTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] using Fireworksgreen.mdx) else do (Do nothing)
                        If (I_PaintColour[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to 3) then do (Special Effect - Create a special effect at P_PaintBallTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] using Fireworksblue.mdx) else do (Do nothing)
                        If (I_PaintColour[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to 4) then do (Special Effect - Create a special effect at P_PaintBallTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] using Fireworkspurple.mdx) else do (Do nothing)
                        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                        Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
                    Else - Actions
                Wait 0.01 seconds

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Use a trigger that loops or uses a timer instead of using For each Integer A from x to x.

Make a new trigger
Code:
Looping Trigger
Events
    Every 0.01 game-time seconds
Conditions
Actions
    //Add actions here
    Set N = (N+1)
    If 
         N is greater than 50 
    Then 
         Turn off This Trigger
    Else

You transfer the actions in the loop into this trigger.
You set a variable in your first trigger N = 0. This helps count the number of times the trigger loops so you can do whatever you want when the trigger has looped a certain number of times.
Make the Looping trigger initially off
Add a new line to your 1st trigger(at the part where the looping begins)
Code:
Trigger - Turn On Looping Trigger

PiCkstix

Reaction score
How could I do that for multiple players? Making multiple triggers would work, I know, but would this work?

When casting "Paintball", set a Boolean equal to true determining if the Paintball is moving.
eg. Set PaintballMove[(Player Number of (Owner of (Triggering Unit)))] equal to True.

And then, with the looping trigger, run it every 0.01 seconds and do From Each Integer (A) from 1 to 12 do If PaintballMove[(Integer A)] equal to True then do the move actions.

Would that work? (I will try it out now anyway)

PS. Sorry for the late reply, was at school. :D

EDIT: DONE! Thanks for the help. +rep for youzzz. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.