Problem with moving camera with keys or mouse

vertigofx

Reaction score
On my wife's laptop, when she tries to move the camera view either by using the arrow keys or by putting the mouse cursor near the edge of the screen, the camera moves almost instantly all the way to the edge of the map in that direction. Changing sensitivity settings don't seem to make a difference.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

She uses Windows XP in case that helps you solve this issue.

vertigofx

Reaction score
You mean does she hold the arrow keys? Well, usually she just uses the mouse, but I've tested it with the keys and it bears the same results. You have to "hold" them for the camera to continue moving or else the camera stops moving. However, that's when it's working properly. Now if you press any of the arrow keys the camera almost instantly goes all the way in the at direction until it reaches the end of the map.

SOMETIMES... if you just barely tap an arrow key, you can get it to sorta "inch" over in the direction you want, but it'll usually still go to far. It's as if the camera panning movement speed is increased exponentially for some reason.

Also, this doesn't always happen... sometimes, it works normally. I hate to be so vague, but it is what it is... and I wanted to know if there was anybody out there who ever experienced a similar issue and found a solution.

vertigofx

Reaction score
Can I see the map, could be the maps problem.

It's not the map. It doesn't matter what map, and last time i saw her have this problem she was playing campaign mode, too. This problem has also occurred with both an older and updated version of the game. It must be the laptop somehow...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.