Problem with sound

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hello,

Can somebody please tell me why all sounds disappears when zooming out the camera more??

MissKerrigan

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
You might've noticed that if you move the camera away from the battle, you hear less of it. So if you're playing a melee game and you're home in your base macroing, you wont hear the battle going on at the other side of the map.

Some sounds are 3d sounds which measure the distance between the sound origin and camera to determine how loud to play them for each player. I think this includes the camera zoom level(so your camera is higher up, so your sounds become lower and lower until they disappear)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
well it's all about a range actor which works only if I zoom-out the camera about -3

ok, how do I program the sounds to be always the same volume on every level I zoom?

(I don't mean zoom in the game, but already in the 'camera' editor)

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
don't play 3d sounds.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
I am not playing any sound... it are automatically sounds which appear at a battle, how can I change this sounds into I hear them?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
You ARE playing sounds. The sounds you are playing are determined in the actors used in the game.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
You could go through all the sounds and increase the volume. It'll be a ton of work though. Maybe you can increase the volume of stuff with triggers, I don't know.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
ahh think I get it,

so for example, if the weapon of the marine must be hearable at every height, I must go to the 'Marine_Attack' sound?

But what exactly do I have to program here? there are about 100 settings in a sound

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Changing the volume won't actually work because you can't set the gain to anything more than 0. Setting the gain to a negative number means the sound is played at a lower volume, but 0 means it is set to its maximum volume. What you will find is the gain for most sounds is already set to 0, so you can't make it any louder.

What you need to do is change the Sound Mode property (it needs to be set for every asset connected to the sound object). There are 3 Sound Modes. I think the one you will want is 3D Head Relative. I think this will still make the sound be played as a 3D sound but it will ignore the height of the camera. If this doesn't work. Then you will need to set it to 2D

Like Siretu said, this will be a lot of work to change.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Ok how do I make a sound 2d?

It's no problem that it will cost time
I'm working 20/30 hours on a map anyway so 1 more hour can't hurt

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Select the sound object you want to modify and open up the Sound: Assets +. Select each asset in the list and change the Mode property to either 3D Head Relative or 2D

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
It's working, I hear the sound even when I zoom-out the camera

But now when I go to the right-top of the map I can hear sounds in the left-corner

It's a great editor, but I really CAN'T believe this little issue

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
3D World Relative: I am NOT hearing the sound when zooming-out the camera

3D Head Relative: I am NOT hearing any sound at all

2D: I hear the sound now all over the map at the same volume, even when zooming out-camera about 100

I tried to modify the heigth of a point by setting it to about 30/40 and creating a sound at that point, but even this wasn't working

But to be honest I found something about the range actor now!! I don't need to zoom-out the camera now and this means I don't need sounds at greater height, it's ok now

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.