problem with start

G

I am not the absolute game crack, but i installed the mp demo and all that happens is a window that opens and then closes at the same time. no idea what is wrong. has anybody a hint what might be wrong? thanx

O

Odin

You do have the correct game requirements right?

I don't know what they are for BF1942 but I would guess they are 32 bit. You wanna make sure your computer settings are there too.

Dabom

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
What kind of video card do you have?

This belongs in the BattleField Help Zone...

M

MrSeagull

Hmm, nothing has helped, and I can't get new drivers because they stop making them :/

Maybe the game doesn't support my Voodoo3 2000 :(

S

Swilo

From the official EA site, here are the MINIMUM requirements:
500 MHz CPU
128 MB RAM
3D accelerated 32 MB video card or equivalent with HTL (Hardware Transform & Lightning) and 24-bit z-buffer
160 MB free hard disk space plus space for saved games (additional space required for Windows swapfile and DirectX 8.1 installation)
16X speed CD-ROM/DVD-ROM
DirectX 8 compatible sound card
Microsoft compatible mouse
Keyboard

The voodoo 3 2000 is only a 12MB card I think, it definately does NOT support hardware transform and lighting since these hadn't even been invented yet, and I doubt it has any Z buffer.
There's 0% chance of you even trying to get this game working on it.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
the v3 is a 16 meg one .
and as mentioned in the readme file it has tons of issues with this game

S

Swilo

I know the 3000 is a 16M one, wasn't sure about the 2000 though.
All I know is this game will absolutely not run on voodoo cards, except POSSIBLY the 5500, and even that would takes some massive tweaking.

M

MrSeagull

*sigh* It has 16m.

Everything else has worked fine, even RTCW on my voodoo :(

Wah!~

S

Swilo

Perhaps you missed the part about 3D accelerated 32 MB video card or equivalent with HTL (Hardware Transform & Lightning) and 24-bit z-buffer

Not to sound like an ass, but if you don't meet the minimum requirements why should you expect it to work? I only keep my V3 3000 around for D2, and that's because nothing else on the market runs it better.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.