Problem with this Spell Trigger (Easy problem)

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
I know the answer is going to be obviouse, but i'm too tired to see it ^^.

Trigger:
  • Mark of Death
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) has buff Mark of Death (Level 1)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Dying unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Dying unit)) matching ((Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Dying unit)))) and do (Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - 500.00))
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

The special effect plays and is destroy. But I think its the problem with the damaging ^^. Can somebody show me whats up with it ^^
+Rep if you help ^^

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Dying unit)) matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Dying unit)))) and do (Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - 500.00))

Matching Unit not Picked.

Also, don't modify life to damage somebody. Use the Unit - Damage Target.

Also, the trigger leaks lots of times.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Hmm, it should be due to "matching ((Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Dying unit))))". You're picking all units that belong to the owner of the dying unit. The triggers also leak.

Trigger:
  • Mark of Death
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within 500.00 of TempPoint matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Universal
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
      • Custom script: RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

duderock101

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Mark of Death
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Dying unit))
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within 500.00 of TempPoint matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Universal
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TempGroup)

Didn't work. It showed the special Effect but didn't do any damage

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
I assume the trigger is supposed to damage all allied units around the dying unit. In that case, replace:

Set TempGroup = (Units within 500.00 of TempPoint matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))

with

Set TempGroup = (Units within 500.00 of TempPoint matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Weird. Are you trying to damage enemy or allied units? Could you also post your triggers again?

duderock101

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Mark of Death
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Dying unit))
        • Loop - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TempGroup)

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
Try putting a message into the loop, to see if there are any units being put into the Unit Group.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
You can't check whether a unit has buffs on death; a unit loses all buffs when it dies.

You'll have to use another method...for example, add the unit to a group when it gains the buff, and check periodically whether it still has the buff, and if not remove it from the group. Alternately, use damage detection and have the event be when a unit takes damage equal or greater than the unit's current life.

duderock101

Reaction score
I thought that might be the case, but that doesn't explain why the Special effect is appearing?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Yes, that's a mystery, moreso because I thought that the Flame Strike effect is one of those that doesn't work if you destroy it immediately. Do you have any other relevant triggers, or could the ability or buff itself be creating the effect?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.