problems installing an audio card.-yes im an idiot

mushroom911

I think I should change my avatar
Reaction score
was wondering if ppl could help me, get a practically new pc (but kept the sound card and some other bits) and i need to install my sound card.. or somehow make it work, but i cant find the disk... so... wondering if anyone can help :confused:

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Most PCs come with an integrated sound card.
Are you sure you really need to put the old one? You should be able to find a driver at the manufacturer's website (hint: google).

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Most people only find the dedicated sound card is useful for pluging in extra ports and game controllers, as well as the minor improvement in quality. Otherwise, onboard soundcards are sufficient.

Search RealTek and Creative for sound drivers.

Windows might also have a default which is good enough temporarily until you get the proper ones. I can't remember how to define if you wish to use a Windows or Proper driver though.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Google the sound card.
I did that for Video Drives, it should come up w/ more then enough.
:)

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Do you have like a cd or anything that came with the sound card. If not go to sytem info and find the name of the sound card and as mentioned before search for it on google.

mushroom911

I think I should change my avatar
Reaction score
k...

i did do all that well.. googling anyways, but it seems i needed m-audio revolution to run my card.... the other things just caused my pc to crash/lag ...
well i gguess thats what u get 4 beintg no-brainer:p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.