Problems with items

Kildare

Reaction score
Yes i know that, but what if i'm not doing this to detect a buff, but let's say a spell effect on a target or something? I know what i can do to solve my problem, but i'm talking about a solution INCASE i want to do the above.

Reaction score
Then your item would apply a buff on the target of the spell. The buff does nothing, it is just to signal the trigger system that the item was used.
I'm just exposing a concept (that by the lack of a testing map, you can tell I haven't been able to work out.) xXMayhemXx trigger would perfectly work for what you are trying to accomplish, but it doesn't hurt to get a different view on how an effect could be achieved.

Kildare

Reaction score
Ok I tried using the Event - Unit Attribute Changes but nothing happened when i used the item(i used text message to display if successful). So it's either i did the item data values wrong or this isn't working.

Kildare

Reaction score
Mayhem: I tried your solution but the problem with the item remains. I'm not getting any effects/behaviours from the item when i click it. ><

Kildare

Reaction score
Nope. Doesn't work. Does the item need a value for the "Effects" field or will it work without it? Coz right now it's empty.

XxMayhemxX

Reaction score
Ok I tried using the Event - Unit Attribute Changes but nothing happened when i used the item(i used text message to display if successful). So it's either i did the item data values wrong or this isn't working.

Well heres a breakdown of the trigger
In the Trigger,
For Event, doubleclick, Unit Uses Ability(the item has a behavior, which points to an ability.)
For Any Unit, doubleclick it and select Function/Item Carried In Slot
For Ability, double click it and select Ghost Cloak.
For Generic, double click it and select whatever you want it to be Toggled/Morph whatever.
for last section, u can prolly leave Ignore Shared Abilities

Action
Whatever you want to do to test it... i'd just go UI -Text Message You are wearing the Cloak item or You are using a Machinegun
Set Variable MachineGun Equipped

(if you dont want a bunch of triggers and you have multiple weapons you can prolly add Conditions for whichever Item and Slots or whatever...
Tho it's probably less confusing, and for me at least, easier to make 1 new trigger for each Gun you do...

You'll have to set a global variable for each one, MachineGun, other weapons, etc..
Then later on other triggers will be able to look at that variable and tell if your equipped with MachineGun or Not Equipped, or other weapons.

For Data
Make a new Item under Data/Items

then you have these fields

Field Machine Gun
Carry Behaviors
Carry Weapons +
Class
Container
Editor Comment
Editor Description
Editor Name Machine Gun
Editor Prefix
Editor Suffix
Equip Behaviors
Equip Weapons +
Face ##id## (Unknown)
Flags Can Drop
Level 0
Requirements None

The field i edited was Equip Behaviors. (i double clicked on it, clicked the green button to add a new Behavior in the list and gave it Ghost Cloak)

It's possible you would also need to edit
Equip Weapons +
or
Carry Behaviors
or
Carry Weapons +
Tho i dont know which ones... if any...

Equip Behavior and that trigger are a perfect match..

The Item has the Equip Behavior of Ghost Cloak.. So you'll prolly have to make a new Behavior for whatever your wanting to do.
also you'll have to make an Ability to match the Behavior...

The Item needs a Behavior,(the item had a Behavior field which pointed to an Ability )
The Behavior needs an Ability(the trigger checked for when the Ability was toggled)
Now its possible you also need to make an Effect tho idk.

And under Units theres Default Settings (Item), so maybe you need to duplicate this and make one for each item(gun) too?

I understand triggers more then all these data fields.. so im not sure which data fields you all need.
Item and Behavior and Ability seem kinda obvious... what else you need idk..

Most of this is a little diff then what Ancanus is saying, so if you do whats he's saying it'll be a little diff. Like he said a diff view on how to do it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.