Problems with multiboards! :(

maldruzard

Reaction score
Hey there!

Yet another question as I press on with my map's features! I am currently attempting to create a multiboard which shows each player's zombie kills, player kills (murders), and deaths. The zombie kills and player kills should also be wiped every time that player's survivor dies.

I have been looking over multiple tutorials around this site and others, and yet am still hopelessly confused :( Most of the ones that show what I want to do do not describe the variables, etc, that they need in order to function, and I am very new to triggering so I cannot work them out myself.

I have been using this tutorial: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/multiboard.php#TriggerFucntions
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/multiboard.php#TriggerFucntionsNot sure if that is any good, but it seems to be describing most of what I want. However, I cannot follow the tutorial due to my confusion at the variables and variable types. On top of this, I also have no idea how to start on clearing the Z-kills and player kills whenever a player's survivor dies, it hurts my head to even start to think about it, though the rest seems simple enough.

Can anyone lend a helping hand either describing the variables that tutorial asks for, or starting from scratch?

Thank you!

maxou

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm doing this right now for you :)
Edit : I will do it tomorrow, it's a bit late :<

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Im not sure if this can be made in a better way, but this will work.

This creates the multiboard:

Trigger:
  • Create Multiboard
    • Events
    • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.10 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 6 columns and 3 rows, titled Whatever
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Name
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to (Name of Player 1 (Red))
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to (Name of Player 2 (Blue))
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row 1 to (Name of Player 3 (Teal))
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 5, row 1 to (Name of Player 4 (Purple))
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 6, row 1 to (Name of Player 5 (Yellow))
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to Kills
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to Deaths

This will update the multiboard every 0.5 seconds.

Trigger:
  • Activate Multiboard
    • Events
    • Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to (String(Player1_Kills))
    • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 3 to (String(Player1_Deaths))

This keeps track of player 1's kills.

Trigger:
  • Set Player 1 Kills
    • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • (Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Actions
    • Set Player1_Kills = (Player1_Kills + 1)

This keeps track of player 1's deaths and sets player 1's kills to 0.

Trigger:
  • Set Player 1 Deaths
    • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Actions
    • Set Player1_Deaths = (Player1_Deaths + 1)
    • Set Player1_Kills = 0

Im not sure what you mean about "player murders". These triggers are based on a player versus computer only. It can easily be tweaked to what you need.
Hope this gets you the idea.

Note:
Player1_Kills: Variable (integer)
Player1_Deaths: Variable (integer)

Edit: The columns and rows are a bit screwed up. You need to manually set how large they shall be.
On a second note. I always gets confused by what is columns and what is rows. But you'll get it right when you play around with it :)

Juggernaut

I don't know what to change it to
Reaction score
Just like this ^
Save the multiboard in a variable. In the trigger that the multiboard is created
Set varMultiboard - Last created multiboard. No need to check every .5 seconds.
Just do it like this.
Unit dies
<Condition>
Killing unit equal to <unit>
Actions:
Set Player1_Kills = (Player1_Kills + 1)
Multiboard - Set the text for var_Multiboard item in column 2, row 2 to (String(Player1_Kills)).

Do the same with the deaths.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.