Problems with skins

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Hi Every1,

I having troubles with only a few skins which don't appear in or out of game.
I know I'm doing it "right" because all the other skins I have used have had no problems. Some show in and out of game and other only in game.

I think perhaps the file paths are the problem here, but wouldn't the author of the file always give the correct path?

Not sure...any help please :)

brainless

Reaction score
I dunno why as well but if they r working in game then u have to reopen your world editor to see them. If that's what u mean.

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
The paths are very likely the problem.
Make sure the custom path you used is correct.

Even if it is not listed along with the skin download, you can always find it out if you know what model's skin it is going to replace.
The custom path will be Textures\<specificForEachModel>.

You can find this out by looking through an MPQ browser and navigating to the Textures file. The names are pretty self-explanatory, but sometimes are not OBVIOUS to the point that you can just guess them.

Also, if you want me to find the path for you, just post here...I could get around to it.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Cool. Ye I did a bit more digging into it and found out of the 50 odd skins only 3 didn't want to work but they were unapproved on the forum so I believe the authors did make a mistake.

To find the path I just go to the object editor, select the model it uses and then go back into the field and it shows me the model name so I will try again by renaming the path to Textures/<x>, and see if they work but its a minor problem.

Thanks for the responses :)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
if you run into other issues with skins or models make sure to save the instant you import them, this fixxed my problems, also some skins will show in game without showing in the editor, id run wc3 and check them, game tests through we can also cause glitches with skins and models

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.