RPG Profligacy

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
Profligacy ORPG (Beta),

where extravagance is just common sense.

The Beginning
(there’s always a beginning)​

Crawling out of a caustic cauldron, you find yourself in a darkened laboratory beneath a behemoth of a city, The City of Solace.

Confused, curious, and wanting to cull your sense of starvation, you begin to crawl towards the sewer exit.

Evolution is the forefront function in this ORPG.

Features

Morph into ANY enemy you kill.

All enemies and bosses have a chance to drop a fragment of their genetic code, allowing you, as a malefic experiment, to contort

yourself into their form.

Upgrade your SKILL potency.

All heroes have a tier 2 upgrade, with current plans of creating a 3rd or even 4th tier in the future. With more than 25 unique enemy

types, that comes to more than 50 attainable heroes!

Explore different heroes’ STRATEGY.

Each tier of hero contains a unique skill, with the majority of skills being completely custom triggered. Most skills’ potencies are

further bolstered by many different factors, such as primary statistics and item effects.

Function within a FACTION.

Peruse the perks of aiding an npc faction. Accumulate reputation which allows access to special quests, shops, areas, and other

niceties. Choose from the dyslexic, chaotic sorcerors of The Disciples of Dissentia, the lawless, bloody battlers of The Grasping

Maw, the stringent staunch protectors of The Palace, or the shrewd shadowed covenant within The Dusk Eternal.

Or just spit in each of their faces. It’s really your decision.

Bathe in the extraordinary diversity of delicious TREASURE.

Rpgs have always been about amassing wealth, so why not do it in style? With hundreds of savoury item drops, a customized rare drop

chest system for fairly dispensing loot, and a slick inventory system which will leave you paralyzed with awe, Profligacy provides.

Excitement!?

Spray mushrooms with a gigantic acid cannon while your friends run around a gigantic miasmic balloon of sentient swampdrool.

Evolve into a chicken which launches gunpowder from its beak.

Become flattened by a beastly tank’s treads, while your friends die standing, stuttering as electricity dances in their skulls.

Sometimes you must embrace the level of difficulty, or move on to screaming your eulogy.

Spend days if not WEEKS discovering new content.

Through hundreds of custom text dialogue, obscenely rare items hovering around the 0.1% drop rate zone, and the long journey to

discover your personalized perfect hero fit will leave you happily glazed and exhilarated, or perhaps broken, berated, and wanting to

hack into the game and pull your rewards out like the intestines of a loved house pet.

The Future of Profligacy
We value balancing. The level cap of 50 will eventually be set to 200, once more dungeons, content, quests, dialogue, items, terrain,

buildings, premium voice acting, doodading… and etc is willed into being.​

Map by:
Spatulon - emootootoo
SocialSurgery - Creator of True Chaos.
(Above post written by Social)

System Credits:
jesus4lyf
cohadar
azlier
narks

Map Download:
http://profligacy.prophpbb.com/topic2.html

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
I have encountered a series of problems:

- Factory Boss (when wanting to kill him while he is dead, you are stuck in the arena)
- Tooltip space (at level 3, the tooltips become bugged)
- a few quests are bugged ( such as the quest where you have to look for the terminals - the overseer terminal thingy is never found )

These are just a few bugs I've come across; there are much more =P
Play though it yourself and see what happens at times.

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
I have encountered a series of problems:

- Factory Boss (when wanting to kill him while he is dead, you are stuck in the arena)
yeah the exit portal goes away before he respawns, but you can just -suicide
we never saw it as an issue since we find it hilarious, but fair point
- Tooltip space (at level 3, the tooltips become bugged)
no idea what that means
- a few quests are bugged ( such as the quest where you have to look for the terminals - the overseer terminal thingy is never found )
we've done every quest in the game a million times and never had them bug, you probably just never found the right terminal (there are lots of fake ones)
These are just a few bugs I've come across; there are much more =P
Play though it yourself and see what happens at times.

we play it every day, so feel free to enlighten us!

oh yeah if you count the teleports in the factory as bugs, they aren't, we left them that way on purpose

thanks for the reply

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
no idea what that means

we've done every quest in the game a million times and never had them bug, you probably just never found the right terminal (there are lots of fake ones)

we play it every day, so feel free to enlighten us!

The tooltip was shown (from the Axe Throw ability), however, the tooltip window extended over half the screen, eventhough the ability describtion only went over 2 lines.

Sometimes, when you kill multiple units instantly for a quest, it sometimes doesn't count ALL the killed units.

About the Terminal: I've scouted the entire factory and looked at everythin throughly. I even managed to collect all the keys nessessary for the shut doors but never managed to complete that quest.

Oh well, w/e =P
Could you make this game a bit faster paced? At some point I found myself grinding because I couldn't kill the pirates and it was somehow boring due to the lack of skill variety...

But, all in all it was an interesting play =P

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
The tooltip was shown (from the Axe Throw ability), however, the tooltip window extended over half the screen, eventhough the ability describtion only went over 2 lines.

Sometimes, when you kill multiple units instantly for a quest, it sometimes doesn't count ALL the killed units.

About the Terminal: I've scouted the entire factory and looked at everythin throughly. I even managed to collect all the keys nessessary for the shut doors but never managed to complete that quest.

Oh well, w/e =P
Could you make this game a bit faster paced? At some point I found myself grinding because I couldn't kill the pirates and it was somehow boring due to the lack of skill variety...

But, all in all it was an interesting play =P

k we'll look at the tooltip i guess

i'm 100% sure that quest bug doesn't exist, not sure what makes you think that

too bad you never found the terminal lol

and - sure the start is a little slow, but we are happy with the pace, it's not meant for soloing

edit: map is getting better and better every day!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.