Program Request (Do we do that?)

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
Hey guys, am building a cocktail arcade machine at the moment and i have decided that due to game layout conflicts and gameplay differences it would be most effective to run duel screens and have a program that changes between two predetermined monitor layouts (which is set in the 'change the appearance of your display' settings).

Problem is, i have zero real programming skills to do this task. I have a friend who may be able to help abit if you are happy to point us in the right direction with a rough guide or a set of links that will help?

The goal is to have a program that runs in the background and detects the pressing of a certain button. When that button is pressed (any specific key stroke) the screen orientation is changed to the second setting, and if pressed again this orientation is changed back to the first.. The screen orientations i would like are displayed below.

(I photoshopped these images and am unsure if that are actually possible, just assuming because of the 'ctrl + alt + arrow' function that this is possible, unsure of how it works on a dual screen setup).

The default/first mode:

246464_239828109465898_1230379441_n.jpg

and the second mode:

600050_239828129465896_293275148_n.jpg

Am i right in assuming this is possible to setup for duel screens? If so how complicated is it and how much would you recommend i spend getting a programmer to do it if i am unable? Thanks for your time and i look forward to hearing your responses!

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
So you want the screen orientation of your 2 screens to change when you press a specific key?
If this is the case you might be able to use iRotatewith a hotkey program like AutoHotKey.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.