Progress Bar Actors

jleips2600

Reaction score
Anyone have any knowledge (or a tutorial?) on how these work. I played around with them but couldn't really figure anything out. I'm total noob to the Event editor of actors.

I would like to get a progress bar that shows on a unit without having to click the unit for it to show!

Thanks~

jleips2600

Reaction score
bump?
Im still in need of a progress bar that shows a units health regardless of whether or not alt is being held down.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Well, I don't have the GE up, but it should be two triggers. One will initialize the boss bar, but make it a variable, like HPBar, assign it a random number as its value. HPBar has to be an integer. After that, create the boss bar with the variable HPBar as the integer field, then set it to your units current life. Now, you create a second action to show it. (Won't show otherwise.)

Then, on the second trigger, you have to set it as a periodic event, something like Every 0.0 seconds.

Just say change boss bar to your units current life, Do Refresh.

jleips2600

Reaction score
I just started dabbling with this boss bar as a way of showing it. *although i knew the boss bar feature was there, i had stupidly completely forgotten about it as an option*.. anyways, I noticed ther was a Set Boss Bar to 'unit' action and looked like that automatically refreshed itself.

Do I need to have a periodic timer trigger? (i hate having these, and try to avoid them when possible)

Renendaru

Reaction score
Do I need to have a periodic timer trigger? (i hate having these, and try to avoid them when possible)

To continually update it to your unit's current life, yes.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Unknowledgeable, but maybe you could use Unit Takes Damage instead of the periodic trigger.

You could, if the only health change was due to that. I thought of that before too, but when I used this and too much damage from too many sources happened at the same time, it really bugged it out.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
I wrote something exactly like this in Wc3 called Floating Bars. Give me a few hours and Ill redo it.

It will be purely trigger based. Given that I can't directly code it, I get annoyed. I have to do it purely through the GUI.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
As promised: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/517800/SC2/Maps/floating.SC2Map

Took a little longer than I would have liked. Since I can't code custom script the math gets really annoying, so do loops. Anyway, it works for healthbars, I don't plan to extend it any further at this time but you get the idea. It should work just fine if you understand the method. I will not take the time to explain how it works in great detail either.

jleips2600

Reaction score
awesome, im sure i'll be able to figure it out when I examine your code.
Thank you for your hard work! ^^

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
As promised: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/517800/SC2/Maps/floating.SC2Map

Took a little longer than I would have liked. Since I can't code custom script the math gets really annoying, so do loops. Anyway, it works for healthbars, I don't plan to extend it any further at this time but you get the idea. It should work just fine if you understand the method. I will not take the time to explain how it works in great detail either.

Custom Scripts -> http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=150117

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
I did get that much working Sevion, but that isn't the ability to create a function. You're just writing the action code within the funciton.

You can't for example, write a function in that area because you're already inside of a function.

Arkless

Reaction score
I did get that much working Sevion, but that isn't the ability to create a function. You're just writing the action code within the funciton.

You can't for example, write a function in that area because you're already inside of a function.

If you want a custom script function just check the script flag and you can write it (except parameters, they still have to be done in gui).

/endofftopic

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score

Just do a } and start your function ;)

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
If you want a custom script function just check the script flag and you can write it (except parameters, they still have to be done in gui).

/endofftopic

NOT true. If you check the script flag, it will simply become the same as the customscriptaction from the GUI.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.