[Project][3rdPS/RPG] - Were Going Down!

Saintbob

Reaction score
battlecruiser.jpg

Introduction

Hello everyone, my names Chris and im from the United Kingdom, this is the first Starcraft 2 Beta Map I have created, that i have atleast taken seriously.
This is still in the testing stages, and is by no way near completion, so please do not look upon this map, as a finished product.

Story

The story so far, is that you are the lone survivor of a downed Battlecruiser, and you are now left to fend for you're self and find away of getting off this unknown planet.
Along the way, you will find you are not the only Alien to this planet, and you must put your Mouse finger tapping skills to the test, to defend you're self against any hostiles.

Enviroment

The enviroment has been created from scratch, it hosts a lush wilderness, to a darkened creepy forest, and it also has a cave system.
(This was my first attempt at any terraining in any editor)

Features

The current features are very basic, although they did take a long time to create.

A smooth 3rd person veiw
A working attack binded to the Mouse 1 Button
A lush enviroment to explore

Upcoming Features

Hero Feature
Ability to select different Hero's
Cinematics
Items and Abilities
Quests from Natives of the planet
Multiplayer ability
And more

Bugs

Camera for 3rd person veiw works, but has a slight bug, that when the Character moves close to a Cliff or obstacle, the character goes out of view, and the Camera raises.

Fixes

Fixed a bug, that was caused by the Marine Gauss rifle animation, replaced it with the Infesterd marine Gauss Rifle animation, This bug caused the Game to crash.

Screen Shots

Screenshot004.jpg
Screenshot003.jpg
Screenshot005.jpg
Screenshot006.jpg

Help required

I'm in need of someone who is good with Camera's to help fix the problem with the camera at the moment.
I'm also in need of somone who is capable of making a Hero feature and incorporate the hero with the Camera/3rdps/attack features.
If you think you might be able to help, then please contact me or reply to this thread, Thanks​

Want to Download and try the map out?​

http://www.maps4starcraft2.info/download.php?view.90
Please note, that if you download and test the map, then the Marine and any other creeps, are not blananced, and infact the Marine is OP so it made it easier for me to Test, as the Creator.

Thanks all for taking the time to read, and hopefully test.
Any suggestions or feedback welcome.​

wingdnosring

Reaction score
Cool, I look forward to following your progress. I lol'd at your story, because it's almost identical to what I plan on using my own third person shooter for in the future (though mine's a little more fleshed out).

Looks solid. To fix your camera problem, use this action:

Code:
Camera - Turn camera height smoothing Off for player TempPlayerLoop

It still looks a bit jerky, but at least it doesn't rise and spoil the camera movement.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You want to take a look at this thread. There is a really smooth WASD movement system.

Saintbob

Reaction score
Cool, I look forward to following your progress. I lol'd at your story, because it's almost identical to what I plan on using my own third person shooter for in the future (though mine's a little more fleshed out).

Looks solid. To fix your camera problem, use this action:

Code:
Camera - Turn camera height smoothing Off for player TempPlayerLoop

It still looks a bit jerky, but at least it doesn't rise and spoil the camera movement.

Great thanks for that, I didnt really think it would of been that simple. haha.
I'll try and impliment it tonight.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.