[Project] Third Person Shooter

wingdnosring

Reaction score
I know, I was shocked by the size too. I hope they have a massive limit for online or else we won't be able to create anything decent. My map still seems small to me, yet it's 1094kb or so. Triggers, data editor, even terrain all take massive amounts of space for small alterations. Considering they gave us the option to make campaigns with multiple maps....well, I just hope the limit is high.

[Edit]: I'm not sure what to work on next. Without more feedback from testers, I'm not really sure what new features to add. I can always simplify code and fix bugs, but I'm running out of ideas for new features :p.

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I know, I was shocked by the size too. I hope they have a massive limit for online or else we won't be able to create anything decent. My map still seems small to me, yet it's 1094kb or so. Triggers, data editor, even terrain all take massive amounts of space for small alterations. Considering they gave us the option to make campaigns with multiple maps....well, I just hope the limit is high.

[Edit]: I'm not sure what to work on next. Without more feedback from testers, I'm not really sure what new features to add. I can always simplify code and fix bugs, but I'm running out of ideas for new features :p.

Why should there be limits for singleplayer campaigns? The limit for each user online is 20mb, max 10mb per map. Maybe that will change but thats the current state

wingdnosring

Reaction score
We're talking about multiplayer campaigns here.

Indeed we were.

Been a while since I was on here, but I'm looking for a function I can't seem to find. Is it possible to detect how close a unit is to the edge of the map?

I could always use a custom function like this:

Code:
While
     Conditions
            Terrain at position of <Point offset by R distance at angle> is passable = True
     Actions
            Modify R + 1

Return R-1

but I'm not sure it would work, and I'd rather use an editor default function if it exists.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
What exactly do you want to measure?

how close a unit is to the edge of the map?

What is the edge of the map?

Could you take a screen shot with a unit that is close to "the edge of the map" and draw in the line from the unit to that thing?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.