endif

Buzzard

Reaction score
because the missile HIT the caster... just put a condition

JASS:
if target != this.source then
//...
endif

Oh, silly me. I actually had such if-condition but had put [ljass]this.terminate()[/ljass] outside of it and was wondering why the projectile would simply explode when I cast the spell.
+reps

Magthridon96

Reaction score
Sorry for the bump, but I have an idea for ProjShadows.
You could resize the image of the shadow by factoring in projectile height :D
The lower the Z value, the larger the image. That would look so cool for a meteor spell ^^

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
Speaking in physics, shouldn't the shadow grow smaller once the projectile nears the ground?

Magthridon96

Reaction score
It depends :L

With parallel rays, it won't make a difference (assuming the light source is directly above the object.
With diverging rays, the shadow will be smaller the closer the object is to the ground
With converging rays, it's the opposite.

Dirac

Reaction score
I agree with bribe, it doesn't depend. It's just the way it is, when the Z is high the shadow should be bigger but shady, when Z lowers it should lower it's size and increase it's blackness

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
No, it does depend as Magthridon96 says.

However, for all intents and purposes, assuming that we have diverging rays we, which is how most people would think of it, we would just have shadows grow smaller and darker as they approach the ground.

Real sunlight is actually very, very close to parallel (not exactly parallel, just very very close).

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kenny has been gone for some time, and everyone I've asked has lost contact with him altogether.

I'm going to move this into the Graveyard, as it seems to be out of development for now. When Kenny returns it will of course return to the main submission forum.

Graveyarded.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.